Kimber K6

Well Kimber’s notorious recent quality control issues have finally bit me.

I picked one of these up after falling in love with one in the shop. The trigger pull is outstanding when dry firing. Unfortunately mine froze after a couple of rounds of recoil. Back to the factory it goes, with an angry note.

Re: Kimber K6

I have read where Kimbers are finicky with ammo.

Might I suggest a Springer 1911? Mine has eaten everything I've thrown at it.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Marlene, you'll love it once Kimber fixes it. My friend has one and it's quite nice.

I'm not much on full-house loads through it, but 38spl is incredibly pleasant to shoot. If I had the restricted list of firearms you did, I'd have bought one by now.
LGC Texas - Vice President

That's a bummer. I've almost gotten one several times now, particularly after handling one a month or two ago. Hopefully they turn it around quickly for you.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Handled one before at a LGS before deciding, "Decidedly odd but just not weird enough. I'll stick with the Rhino."

Shooting full house .357 hand-loads? Not the flattened primers binding up the cylinder? That amazingly beautiful recessed cylinder design seems pretty darn unforgiving of any overpressure symptoms.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I'm disappointed to hear this. Mine has been reliable through 600 rounds or so, not that that helps you any. I'll put a dollar on it being the center pin sticking forward under recoil, which would lock the action since the gun thinks the cylinder is open. Had a Taurus that did that, and they never did fix it after two trips back. I hope Kimber straightens it out with alacrity!
Reunite Pangea!

What, that some special kinda four-syllable grease you Northern Libruls use on yer fancy Kimbers?!?
Alacrity...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:02 am What, that some special kinda four-syllable grease you Northern Libruls use on yer fancy Kimbers?!?
Alacrity...
Yep, I keep me a big ol' number ten can of Alacrity handy, on accounta cause you never know when you'll need some.
Reunite Pangea!

My Kimber took some serious breaking in, though it is a semi auto. It would lock up randomly until I'd run the slide several hundred times. Take down and reassembly would also seize randomly until broken in, which was barrels of fun.

Completely different man. Different kind of gun, different issue. What Marlene described is not something that get's better when "broke in". When a revolver's cylinder refuses to spin the gun is just plain broke.

Bisbee wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:10 pm Completely different man. Different kind of gun, different issue. What Marlene described is not something that get's better when "broke in". When a revolver's cylinder refuses to spin the gun is just plain broke.
I'm commenting on the general quality that comes out of Kimber. Random lockups shouldn't be something that happens on a modern gun, yet it seems to be something that isn't uncommon with Kimber.

I agree, especially on guns as pricy and with a reputation for "quality" that Kimbers are known for. Their brand is taking a beating with gun owners.