Looking Forward to a P320 Conversion Kit!

Now that they are having their holiday specials, I've just ordered the Sig P320 Sub-Compact conversion kit with a NJ-compliant 10 round mag.
Part of the reason for buy the p320 Compact RX was the ability to change it to another configuration of handgun, legally, without having to submit a new pistol purchase permit application. I can already use it as Carry size, because the Compact and Carry share slides, so all I needed was the poly grip (and I had the over-long 10 round mags that fit the Carry and Full).

I also ordered their 2-7x 32mm scope as I want to see which carbine I like it on best.

Has anybody tried the P320 in S-C config?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Looking Forward to a P320 Conversion Kit!

Supposed to be delivered today, but the FedEx imbecile left a note, even though someone's been home all day. Now trying to get them to make the driver turn around because it has to be signed for.
GRRRRRRRR!

He was SUPPOSED to come to my house on his way back....didn't of course.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

FedEx did the same thing to me when my P320 was returned to me for the "voluntary recall." I was home all day and they left a note and didn't ring. At least I was able to pick it up without much trouble but it still pissed me off.

Currently have a Carry and am also interested in the Compact or SC because I like my holster but sometimes would like something even just a little bit smaller. May I ask to what specials are you referring? Conversion kits look like fun but I have a tough time justifying the cost versus just getting a new piece. But I could be swayed.

I hope you get it soon if you hadn't already.
Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.

ICanEatFiftyEggs wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:18 pm FedEx did the same thing to me when my P320 was returned to me for the "voluntary recall." I was home all day and they left a note and didn't ring. At least I was able to pick it up without much trouble but it still pissed me off.

Currently have a Carry and am also interested in the Compact or SC because I like my holster but sometimes would like something even just a little bit smaller. May I ask to what specials are you referring? Conversion kits look like fun but I have a tough time justifying the cost versus just getting a new piece. But I could be swayed.

I hope you get it soon if you hadn't already.
Hi "Luke" ( :lol: )!

If you have the Carry P320, all you need to convert it to a Compact is the Compact grip--MSRP is $44, but they can be found for less. Sig itself is selling them for $39! You can use the longer Carry magazines in it. Or you can get the Compact mag. No need for a conversion kit!

I have used my P320 as both Carry and Compact. Carry shares mags with Full, but Full uses a longer slide, and Sub-Compact uses a shorter one.

Sig is having different specials every day.

It arrived today! I guess my bitchin' at FedEx at 9:30 pm got somewhere.

It came with the small grip (no frontrail) and SO tight that the field strip pivot had to be pushed out, marring it (Damn!) I had med SC grip so I put it in that instead. Have yet to shoot it.
Weirdly, it came with a new slide release kit with no explanation why. Since I didn't want to fuck with the FCM, I didn't mess with it. Seems to function just fine with the current on.

The scope seems very nice but came with no specs, so I had to go on-line to see it needs 1" rings. I'm thinking of a swing-away mount so I can use iron sights, or just a red dot instead.
It's not an expensive scope but is razor clear and seem well-made.

So...I took the sub-compact config of the P320 to a new range today (a new branch of one I frequently go to) to try it out. I must admit today was NOT my best day for sem-automatic handguns, but I really struggled to achieve any kind of accuracy or consistency with the Sig, even cutting back from 15 yards to 10 yards. I did better with the VP-9, but the real surprise was the Ruger revolver! I usually don't enjoy shooting it as much but I was nailing bullsyes at 10 and 15 yard with it...shot FAR better than with the other two, in both double action and single action modes.

I brought the Marlin lever action and the Cx4 and was generally VERY happy with both. At 25 yards I was very happy with my groups, hitting several bulls as well. At 50 yards my groups got a lot bigger but mostly very reasonably. I enjoyed shoot both very much.

In the next bay were two guys shooting some sort of AR with a red dot and a Beretta 92fs. At first they were shooting the AR at 10 yards, then at 15. Lousy groupings and I didn't see them go past 20 yards. I know I'm being judgmental here, but they looked and sounded like the kind of guys who are sure they know what they are doing, consider themselves near-expert, but clearly knew far less than me (which takes some doing). The way the AR was set up, I was surprised they didn't start at 25 yards and go out from there. Rifles are just so much easier to be accurate at distance that are tough for pistols.

I don't know if I'll leave the P320 as S-C, or go back to the Compact or even Carry with the red-dot slide.

Has anybody tried the P320 in S-C config?
I have both the Compact and Sub Compact. There is ONE THING you need to know about the SC. When you reassemble it, the spring has an orientation. The Curved part must be pointed up and down vertically the flat side walls of the return spring guide must be parallel with the side walls on the slide. Screw this up and your pistol will lock up.

OK, now that that is out of the way. I love both my P320 Compact and Sub Compact. Fantastic to shot. Reliable. Not to heavy. Not to light. Just right.

Max

I need to shoot it in S-C format more. So far, I don't like it nearly as much as Compact or Carry format. Only have the one FCM. But that's why I wanted the P320--to swap w/o needing another NJ purchase permit.

Good to know about the spring. While I got the conversion kit, I have also a medium width SC body I'm using rather than the small (which lacks the rail).