Range Day

So I took the newly acquired EAA Windicator .357 Revolver out to the range to get an idea how it shoots...it does this!

Out of the box it had a issue which was later rectified (a previous posting) wherein the hammer spring was catching lightly on the screw that held the grip in place.
Fixed this by inserting 2 1/8 #6 washers under the screw head and problem solved.

I ran some Winchester .38 SP 150 GR round nose and some American Eagle .38 SP 130 FMJ (30 rounds EA) just to 'get the feel' of the pistol, I shot it 2 weeks ago at an outdoor range in bright sunlight at a black background target and couldn't see where the shots were hitting.
Not so at the indoor range.

First target was set at 20 feet and the center portion was shot at 25 feet, I used single-action on the outer targets and did double-action on the center.
Trigger pull on the single-action shots was around 5 LBS, which is fine for most pistols.
Trigger pull on the double-action portion was heavy, I'd guess 10-12 LBS, and this will probably lessen with time from 'breaking in' the pistol...how you ask?
Well, yes I have a calibrated elbow from years as an Aircraft Mechanic and from hoisting a pint or two over the years.

The EAA Windicator with it snub-nose barrel of 2 inches is a medium-sized K-frame revolver, having a 6 round cylinder, and is a German made pistol priced at $373.00 Retail.
I picked mine up at a LSG for a song $289.00. It was on sale!

So I'm fairly pleased with this pistol, it's manufacturing and performance now that the minor problem has been ironed out. It'll make a nice CCW when I finally get me permit this year...that's the plan.

I also shot the Ruger MkIII at 30 feet both hands and offhand.
Range Day 1-5-2019_0.jpg
Range Day 1-5-2019_1.jpg
Range Day 1-5-2019_2.jpg
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Re: Range Day

Very nice report. Sorry about that elbow. I have it a bit from organ building and archery. I do a lot of things now with my left hand so as to save the right for hand guns and archery. I loves me some snubby, though I don't have one. Maybe later.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Nice report! I expect snubbies, esp if you shoot .357 mag, have a hell of a kick. .38 would be easier, of course.

I have carpenter's elbow and wrist myself (upscalers call it Golfer's Elbow, but I never played that four-letter-word--called "Golf" because "Shit" was taken!), have to strap them up for the gym or the range. After 2 hours shooting my knees, elbows, wrist, and back are usually pretty sore.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

What do you think of the trigger? Especially in double action?

I have the same revolver in the 4" version. Like it. But still getting used to the double action trigger. A bit too gritty for me liking.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk