Re: My pair of R51s. Now with new grips.

Wino wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm I wouldn't mind if Rem came out with a .40S&W version of the R51 - I'd jump on that.
I would think that the snap would be unpleasant in the R51. Why not just jump to 45 ACP for the R51?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

beaurrr wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm What attracted you to the R51 enough to buy two?
Like a lot of things in my life, I couldn't tell you. I think I got excited that the price was soooooooo good that I immediately seized on the idea of having a pair. Also I figured that the price was low enough that I might wind up with one that worked and one that was a dud so the gamble was worth it.

I'm kind of an idiot about these things.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I saw the prices on the R51 and almost bit, too. If I didn't love my Taurus PT-111 G2s so much... (yes, I bought two of them for probably the exact same reason as you).

I hope you love those R51s as much as I love the PT-111s. They are very unique and will probably be your favorite CCWs for years to come.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:24 pm
Wino wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm I wouldn't mind if Rem came out with a .40S&W version of the R51 - I'd jump on that.
I would think that the snap would be unpleasant in the R51. Why not just jump to 45 ACP for the R51?
Two reasons - I don't 45acp and have beaucoup .40 . My EDC is a 740 Slim - I'd expect the R51 .40 to have less recoil with its design. BTW, I have two PT140G2's also (replacements from Taurus recall).
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.