CZ75 SP01

So the SP01 has been on my list for a long long time. I finally put hands on at a local gun store and ended up taking it home with me. It just feels so right in the hand. I was going to snag the P10F with optics cut but...this well if loving this gun is wrong I don't want to be right.

Now it's not a question if I want to Cajunize it but if I want to do it myself or have them do it.

Re: CZ75 SP01

GravyBoat wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:29 pm It just feels so right in the hand.
Yeah, it's pretty much the Anti-Glock. In addition to the dramatic differences in construction design and materials, grasping a Glock is always "WTF?" while a Cz is "Oh, my!" In fact, now I want to buy one so I can name it that! Feel free to steal the idea, if you like. Maybe I can convince my spousal critter to refer to her P-01 by that term.

Last year I fired a rented SP-01 and extensively fondled the Tactical Sport and the Shadow 2. All really sweet handguns. I'd have bought the Shadow 2 if I hadn't lucked into a used Dan Wesson 1911 9 mm for a few bucks less at the critical moment. Maybe the wrong choice, since the Cz seemed to be a wonderfully refined piece of work, but I'd never owned a 1911 and I'd just sold a couple of Cz clones, so there was the appeal of novelty. The DW is pretty damned nice, but the Cz frame snuggles into the palm so well...I hope I can someday own both and find out which shoots better.

Enjoy!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

My SP-01 Tactical feels better and shoots better than any other handgun I own. Could I get more potential out of the gun if I “Cajunized” it? Certainly. That being said, I am planning on leaving the gun “bone stock”. CZ-75’s seem to have a tendency to eventually “multiply” in one’s storage container/safe, so I could eventually end up getting a Shadow 2 at some point on the future if I want something “tuned” for optimal target shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

7N6Wolf wrote:My SP-01 Tactical feels better and shoots better than any other handgun I own. Could I get more potential out of the gun if I “Cajunized” it? Certainly. That being said, I am planning on leaving the gun “bone stock”. CZ-75’s seem to have a tendency to eventually “multiply” in one’s storage container/safe, so I could eventually end up getting a Shadow 2 at some point on the future if I want something “tuned” for optimal target shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only CZ I own right now is a P-07 Tactical, which I love with all my heart and it will likely get buried with me as I have no kids, but I know for a fact I'll end up getting whatever the latest iteration of the Shadow is eventually. For years and years I've wanted a double stack 9mm 1911, but the fact of the matter is that I'd have to spend at least twice as much to get one that compares to the Shadow 2, and there's always the risk of reliability issues with 1911s, especially double stack 9mm 1911s, so a Shadow it is. It's like what the 1911 wanted to be when it grew up.

What manner of heresy is this? What a 1911 wants to be you say? A 1911 wants to be exactly what it is: an all steel killing machine.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi