Ruger announces a new 5.7

Reviews and discussion of handguns.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

bajajoaquin
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Ruger announces a new 5.7

Post by bajajoaquin »

The limited reviews I have seen say better and cheaper.

JohnNewell
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ruger announces a new 5.7

Post by JohnNewell »

tonguengroover wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 am
Didn't the video review Bisbee put up say the 22TCM was just as good ands cheaper?

Pretty much. He said that the FiveSeven had a sucky trigger. The Ruger even suckier.

Looking at Gunbroker.com the lowest price that I am seeing is $900 for the Ruger and $1,100 for the FiveSeven. So I guess that you are paying a premium for the Ruger right now because it is new.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about the FiveSeven is that although they come with a 20 round magazine as standard you can buy a neat 30 round magazine that doesn't significantly lengthen the grip. With 30 rounds in the weapon and two spare magazines on my gun belt I could do a significant amount of damage to a theoretical home invader. And I have seen case after case after case where some cop (usually) gets into it with an armed bad guy and they both go through almost all of their ammo.

Which reminds me, that with a PS90 and a 50 round magazine you retrain yourself. Instead of double tapping or triple tapping you have enough ammo to fire repeatedly at a target until it goes down. The 5.7x28 weapons have little recoil so you can hold them on the target and fire six to eight shots and still have plenty of ammo left over.