Re: .22 Revolver?

SailDesign wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:29 pm
wooglin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:24 pm
SailDesign wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 pm.
My Single-Six has a 327 Federal Magnum brother. 4.6" barrel to match, but stainless for ease of cleaning. Also a GP100 in 327 FM because, well, I need a DA, right? :)
I have the LCR and SP101. So between us I think we’ve got 327 covered.
I had the SP101, but didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. The GP100 is just right (big hands, little tolerance for kick :) )
I changed out the grip. Made all the difference.

Another vote here for Aguila Colibri ammo, no ear protection required, I think it’s about 400 FPS, super fun to shoot at tin cans because it’s slow enough to really smack them.

I’ve heard great things about the Ruger LCR 22, the one with the 3” barrel is DA/SA and has an adjustable rear sight, might be able to find one used for a good price. I like my LCR in 327 a lot and want one in 22.
Last edited by UncleJon on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

SubRosa wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 am I finally retrieved my new Bearcat, to replace the Wrangler I offed to partially fund same.

Pix to follow so you'all don't think I'm kidding you. :yes:

S u b R o s a
Nice!
I love my Bearcat, got it deeply discounted brand new at Cabelas right before the Wrangler was announced. Would have bought a Wrangler instead and probably loved it but the Bearcat clicks and shoots like a watch and has the adjustable sight so I have no regrets. Would be great if a family member bought themselves a Wrangler though.. so I could shoot that too! :smart:

SubRosa wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 am I finally retrieved my new Bearcat, to replace the Wrangler I offed to partially fund same.

Pix to follow so you'all don't think I'm kidding you. :yes:

S u b R o s a
Never handled one. Looking forward to hearing about it. Tiny little things.

Bearcattin'!

DSC01890.JPG
DSC01892.JPG
Here it is, was NIB from a Tucson gunstore in '05. $424 out the door then.

It carries a sad note, as it came to me from an estate of a friend.

Still haven't fired it, so more to come.

S u b R o s a
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

Another grizzly gun...

An RG!

My wife's dad had this in his stuff some 30 years ago, so this hair-loom landed here.

I figured why not? Not every .22 is pretty or much loved, but this one shoots very nicely (every time, too).
DSC01893.JPG
Perfect for the right application. ;)

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

Re: Another grizzly gun...

SubRosa wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:29 pm An RG!

My wife's dad had this in his stuff some 30 years ago, so this hair-loom landed here.

I figured why not? Not every .22 is pretty or much loved, but this one shoots very nicely (every time, too).

DSC01893.JPG

Perfect for the right application. ;)

SR
Also known as Rohm right? That one looks quality. I’ve been reading about their smaller 22 revolvers which look to be some of the smallest double action smokeless powder revolvers ever made but it seems that a lot of them have big cylinder gaps and or light strike or have other issues.

nothing wrong with .22 revolvers. the first gun I ever shot was a Ruger Single six with a 9 1/2 in barrel. Damn thing was accurate and tons of fun to shoot.

sadly, about 15 years ago my dad was a little low on money and had to sell it. Would love to have another one but, not really willing to shell out the cash they want for it.

.22 Revolver?

Picked this up in Albequerque while traveling. Very low serial number 31xxx. Does not have the original grips. Shoots CCI stingers really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fortuna Peratus Renumerat

Liberal Condescension or Conservative Paranoia; A hell of a way to run a democracy.

.22 Revolver?

senorgrand wrote:Wow -- is that refinished?
Yes it is. It is definitely not a high priced specimen. Barrel is dull especially for a Smith.

But the trigger is great and shoots better than my single six. Won’t be all that worried carrying it when out in snake country.

Fortuna Peratus Renumerat

Liberal Condescension or Conservative Paranoia; A hell of a way to run a democracy.

Rickoshay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:49 pm Picked this up in Albequerque while traveling. Very low serial number 31xxx. Does not have the original grips. Shoots CCI stingers really well.

Oooh what a pretty revolver ye have. A fine gun for a nice Irish lad. Tell me Rick, how are the O’Shays doing back in the máthair tíre.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

wooglin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:08 pm Any revolver is going to have a cylinder gap, and will probably be pretty loud even with subsonic ammo. Never tried it, so I don't know how loud, but there's a reason revolvers aren't available with threaded barrels.

And a DA trigger on a 22 is going to be considerably heavier than on a corresponding center fire.
There are a couple that don't have a gap. The Nagant comes to mind.

NegativeApproach wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 pm
wooglin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:08 pm Any revolver is going to have a cylinder gap, and will probably be pretty loud even with subsonic ammo. Never tried it, so I don't know how loud, but there's a reason revolvers aren't available with threaded barrels.

And a DA trigger on a 22 is going to be considerably heavier than on a corresponding center fire.
There are a couple that don't have a gap. The Nagant comes to mind.
I think you'll find that the gas-seal Nagant is the One And Only in that department. Even my 1887 Husqy Nagant has a cylinder gap.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

I bought a Ruger single six with the spare cylinder in 22 mag. Had to be 20 years ago trigger pull is excellent & I dont shoot it any worse than any of my other guns. So maybe a used one would be good.

Dad had a break action 9 shot H&R when I was growing up. Twas back before anybody thought much about hearing protection— man, that thing was loud

I use the Ruger to teach folks to shoot handguns. Low power subsonic CB cap, shorts, etc are great. Grips seem to fit smaller hands well. Also better on ground squirrel pests than a pellet gun Not all that much noisier