Selling a Colt Python - tips?

I have a non-gun friend who acquired a new stainless Colt Python back in the late 80s. It’s unfired, just sitting in a drawer essentially for all that time. He’s asked for some tips in selling it. I’m not in on the Colt scene — anyone have ideas for how to value it and sell it? FWIW he’s in the Los Angeles area.
Aim past the target.

Re: Selling a Colt Python - tips?

Is the revolver in CA? If so it would certainly command a higher price to a CA collector.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

CA Roster shows a pretty limited list of Colt revolvers. Cobra and King Cobra, mostly 2” models.

I don’t have any pics! I just had my phone with me which takes horrible pics of shiny stainless. It’s mint except maybe for one tiny rub mark (I don’t think it’s actually scratched.)

His brother is a cop and so of course he had no idea of how to actually sell a gun in CA. Wrong ideas actually.

I’ll check gunbroker and then probably suggest he try Calguns just to see if he can find a local for the CA roster boost.
Aim past the target.

I remember when Colt first introduced the Python in stainless. The degree of polishing rivaled the very best nickle finish to be had. Regardless of what the draw backs are with the design easily the most beautiful DA revolver ever made. Also the most innovative revolver because of it's being a true 357mag size gun.