Re: Mini revolver

I own one of those. I carry it in a backpack in my car along with a Ruger LCR .38 Spl +P, 3.5" barrel. The NAA mini is nothing but a gut buster. Beyond 2.5 yards it's useless and then reloading, forget it. Now for my Ruger I carry 2 speedloaders. I have an Alien Gear holster for the Ruger and sometimes I'll put it on with the speedloaders in belt pouches. What determines what I'll carry? Call it what you want, instinct or intuition. But the Alien Gear holster is the way to go for concealed carry in my opinion. Nearly invisible inside the belt. No outlines, no handle sticking out like a flag.

wooglin wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:42 pm Easy to conceal. Hard to shoot. Either fast or accurately.
I've owned the 22 mag 1&5/8" barrel for probably 33 or 34 years; I'd agree with wooglin post.
Its so small you can watch someone put it in their front pocket and you still can't tell its there.
I don't have the grip extenders, but they might make it easier to hold.
I think their top break model is the way I'd go, if I were looking to buy one today; Pulling the front
pin and taking out the cycle is time consuming and awkward procedure, especially if the guns loaded.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

It really depends on your situation. If you need something smallish to carry and won't be able to carry anything else.

A lot of small micropistols like the LCP, TCP, etc are out there for less money so check them out, too.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

They do work and some people love them. They are niche guns. Make sure it is what you want before you spend that kind of money.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

UtahGuy202 wrote:I changed my mind on the NAA. I bought a Ruger LCP instead. I love it so far.
Good choice. At the end of the day they're a much more practical choice for CCW for most people. Not that mini revolvers aren't cool as hell, they certainly are, but there are better options out there if personal protection is your goal.

kronkmusic wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:03 pm
UtahGuy202 wrote:I changed my mind on the NAA. I bought a Ruger LCP instead. I love it so far.
Good choice. At the end of the day they're a much more practical choice for CCW for most people. Not that mini revolvers aren't cool as hell, they certainly are, but there are better options out there if personal protection is your goal.
I read a few reviews and some of them said they aren't very accurate. I hope that's not true.

wooglin wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:02 pm
UtahGuy202 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:57 pmI read a few reviews and some of them said they aren't very accurate. I hope that's not true.
Accurate enough at 5 yards. Beyond that is up to you. :)
Every time I hear about a pocket gun being "not accurate" in a YouTube or Web review, I find videos of Jerry Miculek or Paul Harrell hitting bullseyes at distance with it.

It is all about practice and good shooting technique.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:44 pm
wooglin wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:02 pm
UtahGuy202 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:57 pmI read a few reviews and some of them said they aren't very accurate. I hope that's not true.
Accurate enough at 5 yards. Beyond that is up to you. :)
Every time I hear about a pocket gun being "not accurate" in a YouTube or Web review, I find videos of Jerry Miculek or Paul Harrell hitting bullseyes at distance with it.

It is all about practice and good shooting technique.
Yeah, I watched the video with Paul Harrell. He seemed to do just fine with it.

For about a half century my tiny gun has been one of my 25acps. They are more reliable than any 22LR with about the same performance and usually more rounds. They are also flat and very easy to conceal.

Here are some examples:

To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

UncleJon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:03 pm ^ Neat guns there! I watch YouTube videos of people shooting those BB type 25s trying to get my fix so I don’t buy one but it only makes me want one even more.
If I ever need to shoot one it will almost certainly be at BBD. They are tiny, simple, accurate and repeatable at short distances, small enough to be difficult for someone to grab and can be shot with hands drawn up directly against my body.

And for formal occasions...

To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim