Zip gun at CTD

I just saw this in an email from Cheaper Than Dirt. Altor single shot 9mm for $109, .380 for $99 (!)

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/altor-p ... ce=emarsys

Be sure to check out the videos at the bottom of the page. You start the reloading process by "relieving pressure on the trigger" -- i.e., pulling the trigger. But only with the cross bolt safety engaged, so we're good!

Is this an innovative design, or a POS? I'm pretty sure it's not on the California roster...
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Re: Zip gun at CTD

Thanks for that link. The Liberator had 23 parts, a/c Wikipedia, vs. only six (!) for the Altor, according to the video (although one of them is the "striker assembly", which I suspect has additional internal parts...)
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

If the choice was nothing or that zip gun, OK. But I just checked - Hi-Point sells for just a little more, too.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:11 pm what happens to you if you make handguns from parts in california? can you order barrels? are there laws about this?
Yes, and basically you can't do it...I mean, it's done all the time by criminals, just not law abiding citizens

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."