Re: Suggestions for holster for a M&P 2.0 9mm compact?

Holsters are a PITA, you kinda just have to start trying stuff until you find what works for you, your body, with your gun, your lifestyle, and how you like to carry. I'll definitely second the belt thing though. I have a Blue Alpha Gear and love it, but there are many good brands, just gotta be strong and stiff enough to properly hold a holster. You gotta think of the belt and holster as being 2 important parts of one combined system. But yeah, holsters suck. Funny enough, after buying a bunch of "fancy" holsters, I use the Concealment Express kydex AIWB that I got for like $30.

TxSooner wrote:Hi everyone! So wanted to see suggestions you all had from your experiences for an IWB holster for a compact M&P 9mm? Looking on my own, but definitely would appreciate any input from the personal experience front. Thank you in advance!
4 inch barrel, 15 mag? I have that pistol and I’ve tried various appendix carry brands but none worked for me. I have two alien gear holsters that I use. The universal tuck, which I bought because I wear scrubs due to my job & it utilizes a clip & “sticky” skin so I can wear it (appendix) after work. My main holster is the tuck 3.5 which is a IWB hybrid holster I carry at the “4:30ish” position. I find both super comfortable. Much to my chagrin, I have a larger belly than I’d like, but both work well for me. I used to have a thick ass gun belt (great quality) which became cumbersome so I found a Kore edc belt. Super thin but supports my holster and is more adjustable than a standard belt. Hope this helps...I receive no compensation from either company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holsters are very personal, so unfortunately you need to find one by trial and error.

My personal preference today is a minimalist injection molded polymer holster that covers and clamps only the trigger guard. It’s the RCS Vanguard 2. Unfortunately it’s a loose fit for M&P Compact 2.0, even though it’s perfect for my first gen M&P compact. It’s so small that it doesn’t add any thickness to the gun at all, making it that much thinner and easier to carry.

For your first holster (because you’re guaranteed to have more than 1), you can get a simple one made out of kydex. There’s not much difference between brands, so you might as well go cheap. I got my most carried kydex holster from some guy on ebay. My criteria:
- Two retention screws. It’s more secure and it gives you a positive snap.
- Polymer clip. It’s easier to put on and off while still being secure. Very useful when you have to disarm and keep the gun in the car, like when you go to work or post office or court house or other non permissive places. Belt loop is ok but more cumbersome.
Glad that federal government is boring again.