Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Bernie Sanders 2020

#26 Post by CDFingers » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:14 pm

Money is the mother's milk of politics.

This is from Bernie's twitter feed.

CDFingers
ImageImage
Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know.
See how it feels in the end.

joshnickmc
Helpful Contributor

#27 Post by joshnickmc » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:55 pm

Great read! I’m tired of the media looking for a hot new candidate, Bernie is harping on the same talking points because we still have the same problems we had four years ago. Novelty doesn’t help tackle the big issues.
"Time in an illusion, lunchtime, doubly so." Ford Prefect

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#28 Post by K9s » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:54 pm

Carl_Spackler wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:08 pm
I applaud his proposal in theory but it seems as though he's trying to engage in one upsmanship against Warren to get votes. And we all know that college would not be free and would be subsidized with more taxation. I also fail to see how making college free would make any meaningful difference when it comes to jobs and the economy. College is useless unless you're guaranteed to get a well paying job afterwards. I'd definitely push for vocational trades over 4 yr universities
Even better! It is free 2 year, 4 year, and vocational school.

If you want to be a nurse or a poet or a welder, it could only help our economy and country to make it free for anyone.
Eris wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:00 pm
I think I've gotten about 10 emails and two text messages this weekend asking me to give money to the campaign.

Hey, Bernie?

I like you, and all, but that's a little excessive.
Everyone is sending too many emails all weekend. Some that I didn't even sign up for... End of Q2 hits everyone hard.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#29 Post by highdesert » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:56 pm

U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders travelled to Canada Sunday with a group of Americans living with diabetes, purchasing insulin at a Windsor, Ont., pharmacy for far less than south of the border.

In the U.S. the cost of a vial of insulin is about $340 ($450 Cdn). In Canada, the same vial will average about $30. On Sunday, an "insulin caravan" rolled through the border city of Windsor, carrying about 15 people with Type 1 diabetes. According to Sanders, the massive price different is a result of "pharma's greed." "Over the last 20 years, the pharmaceutical industry has spent hundreds of millions of dollars of campaign contributions. They buy and sell politicians — Republicans and Democrats," Sanders told a crowd of supporters outside the pharmacy. "They continue to charge the American people any price they want." "This should not be going on in America," said Sanders.

Also in the caravan was Sahil Mehta, who said his father "does a lot of business in India" and would bring insulin from there to the U.S. for him. "He can get four times the amount there," said Mehta. Outside the pharmacy, about 30 supporters of the Vermont senator gathered outside the Olde Walkerville Pharmacy in Windsor. One of them was eight-year-old Clara Whited from Windsor, who has Type 1 diabetes. Her mother, Rebecca, said she has family in the U.S. and could not fathom being unable to afford a life-saving drug for her daughter. "When I see headlines of people passing away because they're having to ration their insulin and they can't afford it [and] when you live with someone with Type 1, I can't imagine," she said.

"What if it was your mother? Your brother? Any family member? I would give anything I could to afford the insulin to buy it — but we shouldn't need to do that." "This is not a new thing. This has been happening here in Canada all the time, especially the pharmacies closer to the border," said John George, operations manager of the pharmacy. "We feel bad for them. But we do our best. Our pricing here is a lot more moderate."

In a letter this week, 15 groups representing patients, health professionals, hospitals, and pharmacists warned Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor of the potential for drug shortages in Canada from Americans coming across the border. "The Canadian medicine supply is not sufficient to support both Canadian and U.S. consumers," the letter reads. "The supply simply does not, and will not, exist within Canada to meet such demands."

Americans are allowed to take 90 days worth of insulin across the border at a time. according to Diabetes Canada.A reporter asked Sanders if he was concerned that Canada will see a drug shortage for this reason. "I don't believe that is the case," he said immediately before leaving Windsor.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ ... -1.5228228
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#30 Post by K9s » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:20 pm

OMG, Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor. Everyone in America is not going over to Canada to take all the insulin. We don't need every politician in every country to become outrageous prevaricators. We have enough lying politicians in our own country.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#31 Post by highdesert » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:06 pm

K9s wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:20 pm
OMG, Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor. Everyone in America is not going over to Canada to take all the insulin. We don't need every politician in every country to become outrageous prevaricators. We have enough lying politicians in our own country.
Canada has a general election in October and I suspect those complainers represent the opposition political party, the Conservative Party. The Health Minister is a Liberal Party politician.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#32 Post by K9s » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:17 pm

highdesert wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:06 pm
K9s wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Canada has a general election in October and I suspect those complainers represent the opposition political party, the Conservative Party. The Health Minister is a Liberal Party politician.
I guess the scary caravans of Americans coming to take all the insulin might work?

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

#33 Post by CDFingers » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Here's an hour of Bernie with Joe Rogan talking policy.

CDFingers
ImageImage

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#34 Post by K9s » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 pm

I prefer Bernie and Cardi B. ;)

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

#35 Post by senorgrand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I will probably go Bernie, just because every other candidate is rabidly anti-2a.

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#36 Post by K9s » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 pm

I will, if he is still in the primary when we get a vote. I trust him to do the right thing.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

#37 Post by CDFingers » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 pm

I think a Warren/Sanders or Sanders/Warren ticket would kill, especially if the ticket vowed to give positions to all the Dem candidates if they wanted. That means everyone following that ticket would have a pony in the show. Winning.

CDFingers
ImageImage

DMac
Verified Member
Verified Member

#38 Post by DMac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 pm

CDFingers wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 pm
That means everyone following that ticket would have a pony in the show.

CDFingers
What if you're tired of dog and pony shows?

DMac
Verified Member
Verified Member

#39 Post by DMac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm

K9s wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 pm
I will, if he is still in the primary when we get a vote. I trust him to do the right thing.
I trust him to do the right thing, but I can't say I trust the Democratic party to back him fully when things get tough against the GOP.
Last edited by DMac on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#40 Post by K9s » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 pm

DMac wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm
K9s wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 pm
I trust him to do the right thing, but I can't say I trust the Democratic party to back him fully when things get touch against the GOP.
Political parties are dead. Trump isn't a Republican and neither are his kids - except "in name only." The Dem party can't do anything for anyone. If they could, they would have been able to keep superdelegates. It's all about small dollar donors vs corporate donors.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

#41 Post by CDFingers » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm

DMac wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 pm
CDFingers wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 pm
That means everyone following that ticket would have a pony in the show.

CDFingers
What if you're tired of dog and pony shows?
Sometimes it'll be that way.

CDFingers
ImageImage

VodoundaVinci
Chatty

#42 Post by VodoundaVinci » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:01 am

Pretty sure we are gonna get what we got in 2016 from the Democrats - an Establishment/controlled/owned/operated candidate and that will be Joe Biden. I really don't think it matters what we want or vote for in the Primaries. Pretty sure it'll be Smokin' Joe and Trump.

If it's anyone but Biden I'll vote Democrat. If it's Biden I'll do what I did when they shoved Hillary up our butts last time. Love to be able to vote for Bernie *or* Warren but cannot escape the feeling that we have been here before. And the Democratic Nominee is....

*Joe Biden!*

VooDoo

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

#43 Post by CDFingers » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Seriously, the record shows he has been for the working person for decades.

CDFingers
ImageImage

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#44 Post by K9s » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:16 pm

I agree. I trust him more than the rest. Sanders/Warren or Warren/Sanders ticket for the win!

VodoundaVinci
Chatty

#45 Post by VodoundaVinci » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 am

I'm a Bernie Bro from the last time. He's not only kept at this for decades but he is still defining the narrative for those who are listening. He's got all the right ideas and the right way of addressing people/The Issues. Do I wish he was 15 years younger? Of course I do. I'm kinda freaking at the number of folks who claim he's "too old" kinda like I freak at the number of people who "won't vote for a woman".

We gotta clear the field and get down to a minimal number of viable options (soon) or risk looking too fragmented to beat Trump in 2020. Bernie is at the top of the heap.

VooDoo