Re: Law Enforcement Buckshot

For some reason the link doesn't work, but yeah... within 50 yards a shotgun loaded with 6 or so rounds of 00 Buckshot I think is a lot more effective than an assault rifle.

I just got some of these to play around with: http://www.winchester.com/Products/New- ... x1-12.aspx It's a 438-grain slug plus three 00 buckshot at around 1100 fps.
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

goosekiller wrote:Link sucks.

I am currently researching 00 for coyote loads and have been leaning toward a Patternmaster.
The landowner has a shitload of 2-3/4" 00 Super X he wants me to use up. Sounds like i best get 'em within 40 yards.
If you gotta use buckshot I like Federal best but that's in my guns.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Mason wrote:

I am currently researching 00 for coyote loads and have been leaning toward a Patternmaster.
The landowner has a shitload of 2-3/4" 00 Super X he wants me to use up. Sounds like i best get 'em within 40 yards.
If you gotta use buckshot I like Federal best but that's in my guns.
Agreed. I am a Federal guy from way back. I love it. Alot. But the Winchester loads are free and the guy wants me to use 'em. His land, his rules. "Yes, sir!"
"Endeavor to persevere."

I have done some coyote control for a family friend's ranch and let me tell you, I've called them in way closer than 40 yards. That is when you are thankful to have that shotgun along to back up your rifle. I use a 28" barrel with a full choke on a 'yote hunt.

Eerie feeling when you are out there in the dark and the coyote's are circling you are close range.
This place can go fuck itself.