Ammo question.

I know the general rule is keep your ammo cool and dry, but I have a question.

Where I live, most people don't have air conditioning in their homes--it doesn't get that hot at 6,000' except for a few weeks in summer. These last few days, it has been in the mid 80s in my house, and it has so far reached the low 90's outside. A couple hours before sunset, the outside temp is cooler than inside, so I open the windows to let in the cool air. By midnight, it is close to 60 degrees in my house.

My hunch is a period of 80 degree temperatures in the day isn't going to hurt, but I brought a load of ammo to my office to keep it cool, and to keep the temperature more constant. Do I even need to worry about it? Thanks.
Capitalism was reasonably content under Hitler, happy under Mussolini, very happy under Franco and delirious under General Pinochet. -- John Ralston Saul

Re: Ammo question.

Thanks, both of you.

I hadn't thought about ammo cooking off in Iraq, I'm more concerned with having an eventual miss- or hang fire due to a problem that apparently doesn't exist in my situation. Now I'll sleep better at night.
Capitalism was reasonably content under Hitler, happy under Mussolini, very happy under Franco and delirious under General Pinochet. -- John Ralston Saul

Yossarian wrote:Thanks, both of you.

I hadn't thought about ammo cooking off in Iraq, I'm more concerned with having an eventual miss- or hang fire due to a problem that apparently doesn't exist in my situation. Now I'll sleep better at night.
I had simular concerns until a buddy of mine that was the armorer for his motor pool let me know how hot their ammo dump got. Zero ammo issues due to heat, aside from the operator being overheated and missing.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Yossarian wrote:I know the general rule is keep your ammo cool and dry, but I have a question.

Where I live, most people don't have air conditioning in their homes--it doesn't get that hot at 6,000' except for a few weeks in summer. These last few days, it has been in the mid 80s in my house, and it has so far reached the low 90's outside. A couple hours before sunset, the outside temp is cooler than inside, so I open the windows to let in the cool air. By midnight, it is close to 60 degrees in my house.

My hunch is a period of 80 degree temperatures in the day isn't going to hurt, but I brought a load of ammo to my office to keep it cool, and to keep the temperature more constant. Do I even need to worry about it? Thanks.
Some of the houses i've been too have had live .30-06's sitting out on the front porch in 100+ degree heat, I wouldn't worry about it much.
If I hear "crony" capitalism one more time I'm going to be ill. Capitalism is capitalism, dog eats dog and one dog ends up on top, and he defends that place with all the power he's accumulated.