mec press at pawn shop, $45 - good price?

This is all there is for it. The pawn shop is asking $45, but its been there a while. I could probably get it for $35 or so. Is it worth it?
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more
Attachments
mec pawn shop.jpg

Re: mec press at pawn shop, $45 - good price?

I have a lee, but hate having to remove the powder after use. I dont know much about MEC. What do you think it needs for 12 gauge? And what prices to get it functional? Any guestimates?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

never know with pawn shops, especially this one. They also have a Midway gun vise for $49, which Midway is actually selling for $39 new..
- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:I have a lee, but hate having to remove the powder after use. I dont know much about MEC. What do you think it needs for 12 gauge? And what prices to get it functional? Any guestimates?

If that's not a 12ga press then it's never gonna be a 12ga press. I had a shitload of MEC accessories, some of which I sold to Inquisitor, the rest went bye bye at a yard sale. I could be talking out of my butt but, MEC presses are gauge specific.
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.

Ok, im its a 12 gauge. What do you use now? Would i just need the bottles the? Im just looking for a guess here. Im probably going to get it after the 4th. Im sure i could at least recoupe $35 on ebay if i cant use it. I figure if i would only have to put $100 or so into it, its worth it. But im still new to shot shell reloading

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Seen a boatload of used shot-shell reloaders at pawnshops and in the back-rooms of gun shops. Not particularly valuable gear unless you want one. I've seen them for $25 complete around here and still taking up shelf-space.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi