Cheap slugs

So, since I have the base Stevens shotgun for the trench gun I am looking at ammo choices.

Target loads are cheap, either $6/25 or $20/100 but the indoor ranges nearby only allow slugs which are ~$1 each. What is a poor shooter to do?

Load your own slugs!

I've got a few 1 oz lead sinkers that I flattened the top and bottom of to make it wide enough to fit inside the shot cup for a 1oz target load. I've cut the middle of the crimp off, leaving a roll crimp on the outside. I then poured the shot into a bin to save for casting later as slugs, put in two cardboard nitro cards I cut from a corrugated box and the slug on top of the cardboard. Then I topped it off with a clear shot card I cut out. I also got 100 1oz non-keyed slugs from a friend that do not need the top card.

I will be getting a pair of the 1oz Lee .690" round ball molds to make 'pumkin balls' out of the saved shot and some other lead I have around.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: Cheap slugs

Or those damned slimy things eating the tomato plants at night...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi