Identifying some old shotgun shells

Recently got some old shotguns out of the gun cabinet, cleaned them up, and tested them out. I don't really know much about shotguns or their ammo in general, though, aside from a few things I've picked up here and there--I know that higher brass on the side of the shell generally means more powder inside, and the common-sense stuff like "don't try to put shells into a gun they're too big/small for."

So I figured I'd see if anyone knows anything about the ammo I have. These were all stashed away in a brown paper bag, so unfortunately I don't have any boxes around to help me figure this stuff out. I'd like a guess at how old they are, and also exactly what all those numbers on the sides mean (I'm guessing that "00 BK" on one of them means that one's buckshot, and I know the "2 3/4 - 70mm" that shows up on almost all of them is the length of the shell, but... that's about it, heh.)

Anyway... here they are:
  • Four dark green 12-gauge shells. Side says "EXPRESS" and "3 3/4 - 1 1/4 - 4." These are the newest/shiniest-looking of the bunch.
  • Older-looking dark green 12-gauge shell. Side says "EXPRESS" and "9 PEL - 00BK." The base says "Remington Peters" instead of just "Remington" like the others.
  • Two black 12-gauge shells. Side says "3 3/4 - 1 1/4 - 4." The base is marked "Remington Peters."
  • Black 12-gauge shell with very few markings, just a big white "4" on the side. Base is marked "Remington Peters."
  • Four dark blue 16-gauge shells. Side says "PETERS," "HIGH VELOCITY," and "6." Bases are marked "Remington Peters."
  • Older-looking red 16-gauge shell. Side says "Western," "Super X" in big fancy logo form, "1B," and "Mark 5." Base is marked "Western Super-X." Brass has several lines going around it, unlike most of the others which are smooth all the way around.
  • Older-looking red 16-gauge shell. Side says "Winchester Ranger," "2 3/4 - 1 1/8 - 8," and "Mark 5." Brass is lower than the rest and has one line going around it. Base is pretty corroded but seems to be marked "W - W."
  • Dark green 16-gauge shell. Side says "EXPRESS," "Power Piston 6," and "3 1/4 - 1 1/8." Base is pretty corroded but seems to be marked "Remington Peters."

Re: Identifying some old shotgun shells

3 3/4 - 1 1/4 - 4
3-3/4 = Weight in drams equivalent
1-1/4 = Weight in ounces of the shot load
4 = Size of shot, commonly notated as #4 shot. Usually #4 (0.129" dia. pellets) shot is used for water fowl, I think.
Black 12-gauge shell with very few markings, just a big white "4" on the side.
Again, #4 shot
9 PEL - 00BK
OOBK = Double ought buckshot (0.33" diameter)
9 PEL = 9 Pellet load
1B
#1 Buckshot (.30 daimeter pellets)
"6."
#6 shot (0.109" dia.)

The "Mark5" is probably a companies product series, but some of the hunters here will probably set me straight on this.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/amm.html
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter