And the long wait begins...

I just went in at lunch to start the transfer, now that my new scattergun is in-state and at my NFA dealer's. it's a Remmy 870 Police model with a 14" barrel, previously employed with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: And the long wait begins...

What: it's a Short Barrel Shotgun, so covered under the National Firearms Act
How: $200 tax stamp and a BATFE Form 4, now that it's in TX and at my dealer's, to transfer it to me.
Why: fun. The Form 1 for a SBR build I did a couple years actually asks this question. The best answer is to put 'all legal purposes' though you can state things like 'zombies' if you are prepared for BATFE Legal to taken an extra few months with your paperwork.
How long: took two months to transfer from seller to my NFA dealer. Now I'm looking at six months to process the Form 4.
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.

Simmer down wrote:I may have missed an earlier discusion but how and why of an under 18" shotgun?
Whether intended or not, it also makes it more maneuverable inside a residence.

ETA: Btw, that thing is AWESOME!!!1!1 I want one too.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

I also picked up a ex-PO-lice shotty. Mine's an Ithaca 37 with an 8 round mag and a 20 inch barrel, and, which does 'pump-fire', you know, in case I'm dealing with a whole family of zombies.....
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

senorgrand wrote:It's got a bead, so I'm guessing it has a choke. Not sure what you'd want in a short barrel, house-to-house 12g...IC?
I'm not too familiar with shotguns. I have Win 1300 w/ a 18.5" cyl choke. I've had some bubba'd numbers that taper like a soup can.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

It's almost certainly a cylinder choke - iow no choke. OTOH, since it looks like a factory barrel, it won't be twisted from a half-assed shortening job and will pattern ok. It'll spread out fairly fast, but that's not the purpose of this shotgun. At the ranges it's made to be used at, all of the #00 pellets will still be on a paper plate.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Doc wrote:What: it's a Short Barrel Shotgun, so covered under the National Firearms Act
How: $200 tax stamp and a BATFE Form 4, now that it's in TX and at my dealer's, to transfer it to me.
Why: fun. The Form 1 for a SBR build I did a couple years actually asks this question. The best answer is to put 'all legal purposes' though you can state things like 'zombies' if you are prepared for BATFE Legal to taken an extra few months with your paperwork.
How long: took two months to transfer from seller to my NFA dealer. Now I'm looking at six months to process the Form 4.
Even if I could. Illegal in Indiana. One of the few things that are.

senorgrand wrote:It's got a bead, so I'm guessing it has a choke. Not sure what you'd want in a short barrel, house-to-house 12g...IC?
Yes, it's a factory Remington 14" barrel with IC. Remington won't sell NFA barrels to the public anymore, so the only way to get a genuine one is one a surplus 870P short barrel.

They also don't sell the 870P with such nice wood, anymore. Plus it has GBI markings on the receiver.

The waiting is just part if the game, but I'll eventually have a fun, ex-state police shotgun for less than I could assemble from parts.