Any experiences with an FN P12?

I have been looking at buying a shotgun for a while and have never quite pulled the trigger on it. I think I may have just gotten sold on an FN P12 shotgun. From handling it in the store it seems smoother and better built/fit than a Remington 870. Does anyone have any experience with one? Would you recommend it? I have not found much online besides the usual gun rag reviews.
Last edited by DavidMS on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Anny experiences with an FN P12?

You can get a Remington 870 for at least $100 cheaper and it's been around for over 50 years. Some might argue a used Wingmaster, but if you're just looking to bust some occasional skeet and the occasional bird, it will get the job done reliably.

Replacement parts, add ons and mods are as abundant as they come and none are particularly expensive.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Re: Any experiences with an FN P12?

I agree the 870 is a nice shotgun but the FN fits me better. The FN may not have as many accessories but a shotgun doesn't need and shouldn't have pounds of accessories attached. Quality magazine extensions , shell carriers, red dots, slings, and light mounts exist. Anything more is going to just add wight.

Re: Any experiences with an FN P12?

Quick update. New Year's weekend, I took it to an indoor range that is shotgun friendly with high velocity and low recoil buckshot. Both 00. The only difference is that the HV buckshot did a better job of tenderizing my shoulder. I like it. It will interestingly enough unlock the action under recoil so all that's left to do is run the action open the rest of the way and then forwards again to chamber the next cartridge. Its a fun firearm to shoot and makes targets at 10 yards look like someone went at them with a BFG. Only things I want to do to it is add a flashlight, sling and red dot.

Unfortunately I twisted my back last weekend so plans to go back to the range this coming weekend have been put on hold for at least an extra week. On the bright side, I made it both into work and through the day with minimal pain. I'll take the victories that I can.