Remington it is

So this ugly little fucker followed me home. It's the Remington Sportsmen Auto 12 that I mentioned in another post:
remington.jpg
My question to you guys is, should it cycle shells manually? When I put a round in the chamber and put a few in the magazine it locks to the rear when I cycle the bolt. Will it be a different story when I actually fire it?
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Remington it is

It seems these older 1100s are designed to function like mine does.....I found a few mentions online. In particular is the attached thread. Road Man mentions swapping out the trigger group for a newer version which will then allow the bolt to cycle manually.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtop ... 2&t=406687

I guess I need to fire this thing before really making a decision....I took it apart and cleaned the crap out of it. I really don't like the insides of shotguns.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:I think it's got some potential, even if it's CAPITALIST AMERIKAN SHOTGUN
Well, I can overlook his US flag tattoo as long as he does his job.

foghorn wrote:I can only imagine how this turns out...
Do you mean by how I'm gonna get my fingers stuck in the action repeatedly as I try to unlock the mysteries of the shotgun innards or paint? This thing will never be in the same room as paint. It's my new proposed chief of security pending range/practice time.

foghorn wrote:Yes - stuck fingers
Yes - "proposed chief" does not negate the possibility of a little makeup
Well, if all goes well and this goes into my security box, I'll probably replace the stock with polymer. Which means I'll have the castoff wood stocks to futz around with....

Just spoke to Bachelder's guns (where I bought my Remington). They assure me that it is supposed to lock open when manually cycling.

I guess I gotta shoot it to make sure it's all good.

I'm such a good coworker.....one of my lab buddies is going home for Christmas with my shotgun. She and her family are all shotgunners so I'm gonna give them first crack with my boomstick.

my favorite pawn shop here has a beautiful Remington double barrel coach 12 gauge for around $400 I would love to have.

But Im thinking maybe one of the many J Higgens bolt action 12 gauges for $75 is more likely for me lol. Just have to make sure I get the right year so the bolt dont end up embedded between my eyes
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

KlownKannon wrote:It seems these older 1100s are designed to function like mine does.....I found a few mentions online. In particular is the attached thread. Road Man mentions swapping out the trigger group for a newer version which will then allow the bolt to cycle manually.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtop ... 2&t=406687

I guess I need to fire this thing before really making a decision....I took it apart and cleaned the crap out of it. I really don't like the insides of shotguns.

shotgun world. Now there are some real DHeads on there. Only reason I still belong is Randy Wakeman and a couple others. But man, some of them are .. arrrgh..
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Not to worry KK!

That is one badass defense shotgun. Add a weapon light and a laser and anyone on the wrong end of it will pee their pants... :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

since it's an 1100, make sure you clean the gas system and bolt area well after a range trip before deploying it for home defense.

1100's run dirty and must be clean for lifesaving reliability.

The blued steel and walnut stock give it a nice retro rural sheriff look. Wear some mirrored rayban aviators to fire for effect...lol
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.