New Mossberg 18.5" barrel that appears used

I won a bid on ebay for an 18.5" cylinder-choked barrel for my Mossberg 500 this past week and just got it in the mail yesterday. Everything looks good and it fits just fine. It was sold as new, unused. It came in factory sealed packaging. When I look down the barrel, though, it's obvious that at least one shot was taken through it. Typical powder residue and wad marks. I'm not too concerned. I won the bid for about $92 total, including shipping, less than I would pay in most stores, but it is normal for a brand new barrel coming in factory sealed packing to have been test fired? Just wondering, since it was sold "new, unused, unopened, undamaged". Just kind of wondering about this if I buy from this seller again.

Edit: just looked, $91.99 total, thought it was a decent deal

Re: New Mossberg 18.5" barrel that appears used

I've been buying a lot of stuff on Ebay recently. About 1/4 of the stuff represented as new is clearly used. It CAN work in your favor, since a lot of people won't bid on something if they think it's misrepresented, you get the chance to save big, and Ebay makes returns easy. Got some beautiful grips for $14 last week because the guy wrote "NIB", and they were obviously NOT.

Thanks for the info. I'm not concerned with the quality, and I'm not gonna return this barrel, but when it says it's new, unused from Mossberg, I expect it to not be a Maverick product. Maybe that's more to do with Mossberg than the seller on ebay.

Also, is it really that common for firearms or barrels to have been test fired? Maybe. But not cleaned out prior to shipping? The last two guns I bought, online from Bud's and Impact, I think, didn't show any evidence of firing. Or at least they were thoroughly cleaned after the test fire.

Again, I'm not complaining, and I have total faith in this barrel that I bought, but I'm just curious.

The two Smith and Wesson revolver I bought new online came with very obvious signs of being fired and no evidence that anybody had bothered to so much as wipe off the powder residue. But it was also apparent that the guns were truly new.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Mavericks and Mossbergs are both assembled in Eagle Pass. Who knows where the components come from. (Subcontracted vendors?)
If you search the mossberg website for a maverick barrel then a mossberg barrel with the same length/features you'll find they have the same sku number. Same part. I almost think you can look at maverick/mossberg the same way you would look at 870 express/wingmaster. Different versions of the same gun.
I have a mav and a 500 and they've both served me well.