Yay or nay?
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... 11&jb=3823

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atxgunguy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Kel-Tec KSG 12GA

#2 Post by atxgunguy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:53 am

It's impractical and stupid heavy when fully loaded, but a fun range toy.

...for the money, get a VEPR-12.
LGC Texas - Central Region President

TheHunterOfSkulls
Chatty

#3 Post by TheHunterOfSkulls » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 am

What he said.

Also, if you absolutely feel the need to get a bullpup pump shotgun, you could invoke my jealousy and get a DP-12. Easier to keep your hand from slipping off the pump and wandering in front of the barrel(s), twice the ammo capacity, looks like a real-world version of the Super Shotgun from Doom 3, and doesn't have the stank of a company that's buddy-buddy with George Zimmerman all over it.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

pokute
Chatty

#4 Post by pokute » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:47 am

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:What he said.

Also, if you absolutely feel the need to get a bullpup pump shotgun, you could invoke my jealousy and get a DP-12. Easier to keep your hand from slipping off the pump and wandering in front of the barrel(s), twice the ammo capacity, looks like a real-world version of the Super Shotgun from Doom 3, and doesn't have the stank of a company that's buddy-buddy with George Zimmerman all over it.
And it's got the FPSRussia seal of approval, so it doesn't just LOOK badass, it IS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoFikuoIwLw

Hiker
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by Hiker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:21 pm

I was talking with LGS buddies. One said the as that shells cycle they will wear into the plastic frame. Don't know if it is true or not. Being able to switch feed tubes in a defensive situation would requite a great deal of practice.(IMHO)
Last edited by Hiker on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

DavidMS
Verified Member
Verified Member

#6 Post by DavidMS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Two of my friends own them. Having fired them, I am not a fan. Its heavy, hard recoiling and not a natural pointer. They are also semi-picky with cheap cartridges. On the up side, they are short and have an impressive capacity but require manually switching between tubes. What do you plan to use it for?

Personally, I'd get a Remington, Mossburg, Winchester or FN shotgun and call it a day. I have a FN P-12 and really like it for being quick and easy to shoulder and a natural pointer. On the downside, I am still getting used to the pump action because under recoil, the action will unlock (this is safe and normal) however you must remember to pull the slide all the way back before pushing it forwards again. Its a training issue. The other thing I don't like is that there is a lack of accessories for it to permit the easy mounting of a flashlight tape switch on the hand guard.

321FLSurfer
Verified Member
Verified Member

#7 Post by 321FLSurfer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 am

If you're on a budget, I would say MKA1919, however if you got the ducats go with Saiga. I have hear rumblings about a new American made AR platform 12 but haven't seen one at the LGS or range yet. MKA is a little picky, likes heavier loads over light stuff, and it kicks like a goddamn mule, but you get 10rd factory box mags, and I believe I may have even seen a drum for it.
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard