Re: Shotguns picture thread.

DamnYankee wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:27 pm That high gloss finish is pretty. I just removed the remnants of that from mine. Really like the look of that sg.
The finish is pretty beat up. Someday, I'll probably strip it and finish it with BLO or similar for a more flat look. It's really just a for fun gun that I picked up since everyone should have a shotgun. Right?

UtahGuy202 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:04 pm UPDATE!!! I had previously mentioned my shotgun frequently jammed. Some of you suggested it just might need to be broken in. It appears that that was most likely the case. I used it again recently and it didn't jam even once. Thanks for your suggestions.
Great!

It seems like a cool shotgun. Glad everything is working!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

atxgunguy wrote:Not terribly photogenic, but this is a Mossberg 930 with a Nordic Components extended tube making the whole thing 10+1 for loading on Sunday and shooting all week without reloading.

Great for long, low-recoil clay pigeon blasting
It’s a Punt gun!!!

How do you like your 930? I have one bought as a Walmart special a few years back that I’ve never shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DamnYankee wrote:
atxgunguy wrote:Not terribly photogenic, but this is a Mossberg 930 with a Nordic Components extended tube making the whole thing 10+1 for loading on Sunday and shooting all week without reloading.

It’s a Punt gun!!!

How do you like your 930? I have one bought as a Walmart special a few years back that I’ve never shot.

It's great. Got it used at my LGS a few years ago. It is a lot lighter than it looks, although the length of pull can be a bit much for smaller folks. It'll shoot anything anything you put into it and is accurate enough for me to hit everything if I do my part. The gas piston and heavy bolt make recoil light and follow up shots easy.

Speaking of the gas piston, it is a bit of a bear to clean when it's all carboned up, but if you do the actual recommended maintenance every 400 rounds or so, it's very manageable.

To be honest, the most difficult part of reassembly is getting the tube spring back in. For a 10 round tube, the untensioned spring extends a full 18" past the end of the tube itself.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Many years ago I collected US made .410 doubles. My favorite was a little L. C. Smith light weight that weighed a little more than 5lbs. When I first met my late friend Thad Scott he showed me this Cashmore Hammer .410 and a Horsley hammerless both of which weighed 4 lbs. After trying to decide which to buy for a half hour Thad said "why not buy both?" My wife who does not spend money easily said how much? Thad shot her a great price and she said "we'll take them". I was in shock for days. When I shot them I found I suddenly didn't like any of the others, and I sold them all and became a collector of English firearms.

atxgunguy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 pm
DamnYankee wrote:

It’s a Punt gun!!!

It's great. Got it used at my LGS a few years ago. It is a lot lighter than it looks, although the length of pull can be a bit much for smaller folks. It'll shoot anything anything you put into it and is accurate enough for me to hit everything if I do my part. The gas piston and heavy bolt make recoil light and follow up shots easy.

Speaking of the gas piston, it is a bit of a bear to clean when it's all carboned up, but if you do the actual recommended maintenance every 400 rounds or so, it's very manageable.

To be honest, the most difficult part of reassembly is getting the tube spring back in. For a 10 round tube, the untensioned spring extends a full 18" past the end of the tube itself.
That's the part I hate most about my 930 - cleaning it. Other than that, light and accurate and wonderful.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt