Franchi Affinity 20 gauge

I've been wanting a decent 20 gauge field gun (upland birds, waterfowl, possibility of slugs if wanted) for awhile. The local pawn shop has had a looks to be unused (as in never fired) Franchi Affinity in 20 for the last couple of years. I said what the heck and put it on layaway today. A 20 gauge semi-auto for 699? Seems a good deal to me. :thumbup:

This is essentially the same intertia based system that Benelli uses and if they're the Cadillac of the line, the Franchis are probably at the Olds/Buick level with Stoeger being, on a good day, almost the Chevy of them. Lots of good reviews online but that only means so much. The real test will come next fall when I want to put a duck in the oven.

Anyone here have any experience with them?
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Franchi Affinity 20 gauge

Finally got it paid off and then had to play the three day wait for NICS.
20210306_153019.jpg
20210306_153030.jpg
20210306_153012(0).jpg
26" barrel, 6 lbs, inertia operation like it's Benelli brethren. Weather means I haven't been to the range yet and I'm still trying to find 20 shot shells which are a little more common than some other ammo but not by much. I did find a 100 round box of Winchester #8 at Walfart the other day and found four boxes of #3 buck and a couple of miscellaneous steel loads (#2 & #3) I'd like to find some #6 & some slugs to pattern and practice.

It only comes with 3 choke tubes (full, mod, IC) I have the IC installed. The others are only $20 each on Amazon so that's not really a big deal. I'll order a cylinder and a turkey chokes along with a sling on payday. Maybe an IM too just to have it.

Since I don't have a dog or boat, I'm hoping to do some puddle jumping this fall with it.

Thanks for reading.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White