Blog Post: Recall Walker and *the* wedge issue

Yes, I know this data is anecdotal. I also think that this is a good representation of the more rural areas up here in northern Wisconsin. Just to give you a sense of how rural: when the biggest town in this area (Wisconsin side) is a touch over 2,000 people...well, it's not really a town is it?

I, for one, am hoping that Walker gets recalled. I would vote against him if I was in Wisconsin *even though* he supports shall issue concealed carry. I cannot say what the results will be this evening/tomorrow. (Obviously, this was written yesterday. Walker was not recalled.)

I do know this: if Barrett had a more pro-firearm stance, he would have substantially more votes in rural areas like Florence county. If Doyle had signed the concealed carry bill way back when (ya know, a few years ago) then the firearm issue would've been less important.
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/2012/0 ... dge-issue/

Re: Blog Post: Recall Walker and *the* wedge issue

I know a lot of people in northern Wisc. who are begrudgingly getting conceal carry permits not because they fear for their lives but so they can carry a handgun hunting or just going walk about on their own property. We have the same problem in Mn where the hand gun has to be completely exposed in that if the bottom of your holster is hanging down below your jacket but the top is covered it is illegal. If that issue was addressed the conceal carry law would have had much less of an impact in the rural areas. Just my theory so I could be wrong.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

Re: Blog Post: Recall Walker and *the* wedge issue

eelj wrote:I know a lot of people in northern Wisc. who are begrudgingly getting conceal carry permits not because they fear for their lives but so they can carry a handgun hunting or just going walk about on their own property.
You need a CC permit for carrying on your own premises in WI? I miss the old days here (OH) when carrying concealed on your own premises (leased or owned) was exempt. Not anymore. Not in KY either apparently. Carrying concealed on your own premises in IN is still exempted from their permit process. Carry permits are a mixed bag in my book and rather cunbersome in some regards.
"Kill the white people" ~ Tyrone Green (Eddie Murphy)

Blog Post: Recall Walker and *the* wedge issue

One can still carry, open or concealed on one's own property in PA. However, the process for getting a LTCF (license to carry firearms) is so simple that it just makes sense to get one. It's easy: fill out one form at the local sheriff's office, including names and contact information for two personal references whom they may or may not contact. Wait about 3-4 weeks until they call you to come down to get your picture taken and pick up your card. No fingerprints, no training required (note that I am not advocating; just reporting). Card is good for five years.

The LTCF allows CC as well as transporting in your vehicle. So the same permit is used for hunting and personal carry.

The only down side is that they seem to have a special camera that makes everyone look like they just came in from cooking meth in the old single-wide.