Re: How many of us are waiting for your NFA stamp? How long?

ErikO wrote:
KVoimakas wrote:
ErikO wrote:Some eFilers have had their stuff back in three months. It seems that the eForm has created another stack separate from the paper one.
Wasn't there an issue with the eFilers not getting an actual tax stamp back though?
Not that I have heard from anyone here in MO.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/1 ... ght-legal/
Recently, I have seen a number of people posting approved e-Form applications (Form 1′s), which had me greatly concerned given the translucent nature of the newly utilized electronic stamp. After receiving these approved eForm apps by email, some of the applicants have called the NFA Branch and been told that they will not be receiving a hardcopy and that the electronic copy is their approved tax stamp. But as explained below, there appears to be a…wait for it…loophole in relation to Form 1 Applications. As made explicitly clear by 27 C.F.R. 479.162, ATF’s newly utilized electronic stamps are unlawful and invalid . . .

To start, most gunnies are generally aware that 26 U.S.C. 5811 (dealing with transfers if of National Firearms Act firearms) and 26 U.S.C 5821 (dealing with making National Firearms Act firearms) require the payment for and receipt of a tax stamp for the transfer and making of NFA firearms. Both hold that “The tax imposed by subsection (a) of this section shall be payable by the appropriate stamps prescribed for payment by the Secretary.” Before moving on, just so everyone is clear, the provisions of the NFA discussed below refer to the “Secretary” rather than the “Attorney General”; however, the relevant powers and functions of the Secretary of the Treasury were transferred to the Department of Justice, under the general authority of the Attorney General, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 599A(c)(1).

Time to update this section, and fast:
Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
PART 479—MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMS
Subpart E—Tax on Making Firearms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

§479.61 Rate of tax.

Except as provided in this subpart, there shall be levied, collected, and paid upon the making of a firearm a tax at the rate of $200 for each firearm made. This tax shall be paid by the person making the firearm. Payment of the tax on the making of a firearm shall be represented by a $200 adhesive stamp bearing the words “National Firearms Act.” The stamps are maintained by the Director.

[T.D. ATF-270, 53 FR 10508, Mar. 31, 1988]

and

§479.162 Stamps authorized.

Adhesive stamps of the $5 and $200 denomination, bearing the words “National Firearms Act,” have been prepared and only such stamps shall be used for the payment of the transfer tax and for the tax on the making of a firearm.

[T.D. ATF-270, 53 FR 10511, Mar. 31, 1988]
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

Yeah! Woot! How about a picture?

This is my new ritual: every month that passes I will commemorate with a post marking the BATF boondoggle of inefficiency and deliberate delay. Or the BATFBOIADD.

Nine months.

Dropbear wrote:10 months and two days after mailing the application, I got a call that my stamp has arrived!

Short barrel GBI riot gun, here I come!!
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

Well, KickABuck, you know we demand Pictars when the toys get out of jail!

Looks like NFA Tracker is reporting just about 10 months give or take, for those submitted in Late Feb, early March, for Oregon and Washington anyway.

I haven't called NFA yet; I was advised by the dealer to leave them alone. (YMMV as they say).

Yep, that makes sense. When news of this Trust thing hit the intar-tubes it seemed likely that a new flood would hit the NFA branch, sorry to hear the news though. As if it weren't bad enough already.

On the bright side, you'll be ahead of the people submitting forms today and last month, etc. etc. etc.! :smart:

Confession time: I have been toying with the idea of scooting in one last one before the virtual ban hits in June, rated for the .338 Lapua. :evil:

Today marks 318 days on my Form 4 Trust. Not like I'm counting or anything. When I contemplated this, I thought waiting would not be a problem for someone my age.

:laugh:

NFA Tracker shows that I am not the only March 15 2013 one still waiting, most of those reported for that date are still pending.

10 months 12 days. And not counting.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

My first NFA items took 88 days from time I filled out the paperwork at the gun store until they were in my hand. Including LEO signoff, fingerprints, etc.

Next ones took about 5 months. Next ones 8 months. Next ones 9 months. Current toys I think will be in quarantine for about 10-12 months.
"Well there's always been groups of people who never could see eye to eye. But I always thought if they had a chance to sit down and talk face to face they might realize they got a lot in common."
- Chris LeDoux

10.5 months

Waiting no longer.

Dealer sat on the application 2 weeks, ( :shifty: ) so from then to received, 10.5 months; purchase to received 11 months. Thanks for sitting on it for two weeks, WADES IN BELLEVUE, assholes.

Spectre II is as well made and quiet as advertised and said to be, on the intarnets.

I'm waiting to see what happens with the re-hashed HB436 before I file any federal paperwork. If it goes through, and the Missouri laws requiring Fed paperwork on NFA devices gets overturned as part of it, I might be able to have the fender washers near the muffler pipes. I may possess things that can't leave the state but I'm ok with that. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: 10.5 months

DoctorB wrote:Waiting no longer.

Dealer sat on the application 2 weeks, ( :shifty: ) so from then to received, 10.5 months; purchase to received 11 months. Thanks for sitting on it for two weeks, WADES IN BELLEVUE, assholes.

Spectre II is as well made and quiet as advertised and said to be, on the intarnets.
The cows won't know what to think!
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.