Re: Greetings to all new forum members!

Feels so good to have found this site. I actively searched for more liberal minded gun owners. I've been a member in more than a few places. Always I encountered intolerant and bigoted people who have unreasonable attitudes towards those who disagree with their 'ideals'. This morning I just asked myself while on one site (4000 + posts in seven years), after reading some hateful posts against the potus, why am I still here? Left, not looking back.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

popgunn wrote:Feels so good to have found this site. I actively searched for more liberal minded gun owners. I've been a member in more than a few places. Always I encountered intolerant and bigoted people who have unreasonable attitudes towards those who disagree with their 'ideals'. This morning I just asked myself while on one site (4000 + posts in seven years), after reading some hateful posts against the potus, why am I still here? Left, not looking back.
In that regard, if nothing else, you will find yourself far from alone here. We don't always agree with each other, but we generally respect our differences.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Hi, I'm a newbie to this group from California. I joined because I want to get a gun for self-defense in this scary new post-election climate, and wanted to seek out like-minded folks for guidance. BTW, I tried to become a member, but it's saying something about cookies, although I'm pretty sure cookies are enabled on my browser. Mildly annoying. :ras: Oh, and I play the cello... hence my username.

SmokeFan wrote:Bumping for the benefit of new forum members. (especially if you just found us through the Beeb or other recent media coverage!)
Whats the Beeb?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:
SmokeFan wrote:Bumping for the benefit of new forum members. (especially if you just found us through the Beeb or other recent media coverage!)
Whats the Beeb?

BBC British Broadcasting Company
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

JColville wrote:
dandad wrote:
Whats the Beeb?

Isnt BBC shorter and more accurate and recognized?

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:
JColville wrote:
dandad wrote:
Whats the Beeb?

I like to be exact.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

JColville wrote:
dandad wrote:
JColville wrote:
dandad wrote: Whats the Beeb?

I like to be exact.
I meant shorter than Beep.

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Hi, I'm new. Grew up with guns but didn't own any for a long time because the wife was leery. She's finally comfortable with them, enough so that I've gotten her get own handgun (and am working on getting her proficient).
I have a Remington 770 30.06, an old remington .22, and 2 9mm pistols (Taurus 709 slim for her, PT111 Millennium G2 for me).
They're budget guns but with 2 kids I'm on a tight budget. I'll be getting a mossberg 12 GA pump once I have the spare scratch.

So what's fun to do around here?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk