Is it worth the wait?

For those of you who have been through the ATF wait for class 3, is it worth it? Specifically for suppressors and SBRs. I've got my eye one a particular rifle/suppressor combo at work and I'm not sure how much trouble it is to get everything settled and what all is involved.
All problems can be solved with a copious amount of high explosives.

Re: Is it worth the wait?

While I fail to see logic at all behind the NFA, I will say that increased hearing protection is worth the wait as is the reduced weight of SBR's and SBS's. It sounds like the wait time on Form 3's is getting shorter, after my SOT 03 comes back at some point after July 1st I'll let you know. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Totally off topic but, I was in Titusville last week and found a real deal NY pizza place. The owner's are from the Canarsie section of Brooklyn and they know what they're doing when it comes to pizza. Mamma Rosa's on Cheney Hwy. Thank me later.
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.

whitey wrote:Totally off topic but, I was in Titusville last week and found a real deal NY pizza place. The owner's are from the Canarsie section of Brooklyn and they know what they're doing when it comes to pizza. Mamma Rosa's on Cheney Hwy. Thank me later.
Good, I'll probably get fat off that. Thanks. Back on topic, Would submitting 2 forms, 1 for sup. and 1 for sbr, at the same time get them back pretty close together? BTW, this rfle is expensive, I did't realize how expesive til today. $2,750 retail.

M4Builder wrote:
whitey wrote:Totally off topic but, I was in Titusville last week and found a real deal NY pizza place. The owner's are from the Canarsie section of Brooklyn and they know what they're doing when it comes to pizza. Mamma Rosa's on Cheney Hwy. Thank me later.
Good, I'll probably get fat off that. Thanks. Back on topic, Would submitting 2 forms, 1 for sup. and 1 for sbr, at the same time get them back pretty close together? BTW, this rfle is expensive, I did't realize how expesive til today. $2,750 retail.
Whitey is it good enough to be worth a trip from Orlando?

And will you get a deal on it or pay full retail?
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

KnightsFan wrote:
M4Builder wrote:
Whitey is it good enough to be worth a trip from Orlando?

And will you get a deal on it or pay full retail?
There is a dicount but no one can tell me how much of one.

A supressor is fun that can be used for multiple firearms.

CA law prohibits us from owning supressors, which is probably the only reason I want one. ;)

Although in Dan Baum's book, he talks about how truly enjoyable it is to shoot a firearm without the need for hearing protection. It can be a much more Zen-like experience.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

:laugh: I'm just picturing a suppressed 45/70. Lobbing 400gr Bear rounds.

So on further reflection of your choice, I'm afraid I must fully endorse the purchase of said rifle and suppressor. Sorry man.

Although. Just thinking out loud here, could you go with something like the YHM QD suppressor mount and have it permanently pinned on? That way you'd only have to get the stamp for the suppressor instead of both the rifle and the suppressor?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote::laugh: I'm just picturing a suppressed 45/70. Lobbing 400gr Bear rounds.

So on further reflection of your choice, I'm afraid I must fully endorse the purchase of said rifle and suppressor. Sorry man.

Although. Just thinking out loud here, could you go with something like the YHM QD suppressor mount and have it permanently pinned on? That way you'd only have to get the stamp for the suppressor instead of both the rifle and the suppressor?
The QDC suppressors only work with our MAMS and other QDC muzzle devices. One one hand, I could go with the Non-SBR variant but If I get the SBR, I can throw our 9.5" .300 BLK upper with a suppressor on for HD.

I had a 10 month wait for my can, to the day. Totally worth it, especially if you do any kind of "bring your noob friend out to shoot" stuff. Nothing like NOT having the crack of the .22 when you're demoing safety and how to shoot. They also have an easier time of hearing you without hearing protection.

The NFA, especially for suppressors, is pointless, but the wait is worth it. I got my can in about 4 months from purchase to possession. It's a Silencerco Specwar 7.62 - while heavy, the noise reduction is unparalleled.

The initial host was a Colt LE6920 "M4Gery" carbine. It definitely dampens the blast and makes shooting it even mor enjoyable.
The "Zen" moment came when I did a 300 BLK build and shot subsonic...wow.

Don't see the point for SBRs and SBS either, nor do I see the point for machine guns.

I have a feeling the latter will never be taken off the NFA since no politician wants to be the guy who "put machine guns back on the streets..." /sarcasm