Nevada recognition of CCW Permits

Good news! Particularly for those of us in CA (which they still don't recognize due to reciprocity) because Arizona is now added to the list- and you can get your AZ permit through the mail after meeting their requirements. But also if you live in a whole host of other states, they are now recognizing your permit as well, which is cool for our upcoming get together in October! :yahoo:
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Attachments
NV 2015_CCW_Recognition_List-1.pdf
(152.46 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Re: Nevada recognition of CCW Permits

If you have a permit in another state that has a training requirement, getting the AZ one is fairly simple. Fill out their paperwork and proof of CCW in another state:
6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.
Many alternatives exist as well, look in section N of this page:
http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

And here's the link to the process:

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed ... ts/Obtain/

They were pretty quick about turning mine around, less than a month if I remember right, and not expensive (esp compared to the CA CCW permit)
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Lets add this to the meeting notice :)
shinzen wrote:If you have a permit in another state that has a training requirement, getting the AZ one is fairly simple. Fill out their paperwork and proof of CCW in another state:
6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.
Many alternatives exist as well, look in section N of this page:
http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

And here's the link to the process:

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed ... ts/Obtain/

They were pretty quick about turning mine around, less than a month if I remember right, and not expensive (esp compared to the CA CCW permit)

There are plenty of instructors who will do the Az, Fl and Utah permits in one day. You have to still shoot for Florida but its easy. With those three as a non resident of the permit states its your best bang for you permit buck reciprocity wise. Its also good to have permits that cover multiple states incase the AG's get in a pissing match and pull reciprocity for one particular state. Now if we could only get the northeast to recognise reciprocity life would be better.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

That sounds like a convoluted and rickety way prove competence or sanity.
True. Another reason for a national standard, but at least it can be done. Right now I have 3 permits for different states, as each one covers some part of the country that the other won't. Which is just absurd.
- Maya Angelou

rltriumph wrote:There are plenty of instructors who will do the Az, Fl and Utah permits in one day. You have to still shoot for Florida but its easy. With those three as a non resident of the permit states its your best bang for you permit buck reciprocity wise. Its also good to have permits that cover multiple states incase the AG's get in a pissing match and pull reciprocity for one particular state. Now if we could only get the northeast to recognise reciprocity life would be better.

All I had to do for FL was show my MA CCW.

I just won't carry there. I'll carry a razor sharp Gerber like Hunter Thompson did.

Las Vegas - Prohibits concealed knives with blades longer than three inches. Does not limit blade length for openly carried knives. Prohibits switchblades or automatic opening knives with blades of any length. Prohibits any person from loitering, fighting, or engaging in disorderly conduct while carrying a concealed "deadly weapon" as defined by city ordinance.

North Las Vegas - Prohibits concealed knives with blades longer than three inches. No limit on blade length for knives openly carried. Prohibits any switchblade or automatic opener, regardless of blade length. Prohibits the carry of ice picks or "similar sharp stabbing tools" and straight razors. Prohibits loitering, fighting, or disorderly conduct while carrying any concealed weapon.

http://www.nvconcealedcarry.com/knives. ... ZBoVvlVhBc

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Inquisitor wrote:
rltriumph wrote:There are plenty of instructors who will do the Az, Fl and Utah permits in one day. You have to still shoot for Florida but its easy. With those three as a non resident of the permit states its your best bang for you permit buck reciprocity wise. Its also good to have permits that cover multiple states incase the AG's get in a pissing match and pull reciprocity for one particular state. Now if we could only get the northeast to recognise reciprocity life would be better.

No resident permit for me. One of the few downfalls to constitutional carry so I had to do all 3 at once.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

rltriumph wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:

No resident permit for me. One of the few downfalls to constitutional carry so I had to do all 3 at once.
ahhh