Neat video on the Archers Paradox

Cool stuff. As a kid when messing around with my bow, my grasp of this concept was non-existent. As an adult, I have a grasp on the concept, but don't do archery anymore. Perhaps I should reconsider.

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Neat video on the Archers Paradox

Very cool vid. I especially liked the arrows flying right to the camera.

Byron is one of my heroes.

Truth be told, I'm a cheap ass archer in that all my arrows don't match for spine or just about anything else. I have little clutches of arrows that are the same. At least I shoot them consecutively when I pull them from my quiver. Since I have like five or six different spines among the arrows I shoot, I suppose accuracy suffers. It's only by an inch or so, but they do fly differently. Aluminum vs carbon for example. I know the aluminum ones hit lower than the carbon, and a bit to the left. I compensate when aiming.

For the last five months or so I've been shooting just twice a week. Life.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I'm not an archer, but I found that video very interesting.

If you've ever tried to communicate a complex technical/mechanical concept, you've gotta appreciate the terrific communication skills (as well as bow skills) on display here.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Rain will come for lunch today, so I had to shoot earlier than normal. Above I posted about my motley crew of arrows, so I figured I'd pic 'em here. As luck would have it, I busted a nock and split a shaft today--yellow arrow above tried to Robin Hood and didn't quite pull it off. Result is one fewer arrows. I'm going to have to go to the bone yard and see what I have.

I'm back to shooting the same number of arrows from out the compound in my right and the recurve in my left. So I'll shoot the aluminum ones first with the compound, then I'll shoot the carbons out of the recurve. I do that to lessen the chances of a carbon arrow getting hit. Failed today. Aluminum arrows can take quite a few hits before I have to retire them. Carbon, nah. One nick and I retire them after cannibalizing it for tips, fletches and nocks. The bone yard contains quite a few nicked aluminum arrows.

Couple things about this Unique jug. First, the wretched thing is half the size of a bleach jug, and a quarter the size of a gallon milk jug. Second, the plastic is really hard and quite thick. Though it makes a satisfying whack when hit, it's hard to pull the arrows out. As happens with thick plastic jugs, the more you hit them the easier it is to pull arrows out. Motivation. Maybe time to turn the bag around. Dunno yet.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack