Odds of a Hearing Protection Act Actually Happening...

Cheeto Benito and his band of hype men seem bent on oppressing minorities, muzzling the press, and shredding the safety net instead of doing anything about gun laws.

The internet gun blogosphere was alight when the leaked BATF memo came out but I'm doubting its veracity and if anything will actually come it. What odds do you give to NFA reform that allows easier access to suppressors? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a threaded barrel for my HK45C and slapping on some high profile sights for a MK. 24 Mod 0 look :D
"Let's be honest the only people who read Ayn Rand are 16 year olds and assholes"

Re: Odds of a Hearing Protection Act Actually Happening...

I suspect that the GOP will happily string gun owners along the way the Democrats did LGBT folks for so many years. Gun owners that want something are gun owners who vote, and realistically the bulk of them aren't going to swap parties so they're stuck with the Repubs.

So, I don't give it good odds. It's far more valuable as a motivating issue than it is as a law. Especially if they can find a way to blame Democrats for it stalling out—which in Chump's America may be as simple as shouting the accusation as loudly as possible until your base believes it.

Re: Odds of a Hearing Protection Act Actually Happening...

PiratePenguin wrote:I suspect that the GOP will happily string gun owners along the way the Democrats did LGBT folks for so many years. Gun owners that want something are gun owners who vote, and realistically the bulk of them aren't going to swap parties so they're stuck with the Repubs.

So, I don't give it good odds. It's far more valuable as a motivating issue than it is as a law. Especially if they can find a way to blame Democrats for it stalling out—which in Chump's America may be as simple as shouting the accusation as loudly as possible until your base believes it.
This makes me sad because I know it's true... :(
"Let's be honest the only people who read Ayn Rand are 16 year olds and assholes"