Greetings from Central Virginia

Intros: Hello, I'm new to the forum. New to forums in general. New LGC member as well.

I am former military, out ten years now. I served as range safety officer for several years and gave instruction to soldiers on the M16 variant weapons as well as the M249 squad automatic weapon.

War made me realize that I had other things to do. Went back to school and became an architect.

I have no interest in the joining the NRA. Their fear mongering is repulsive and divisive but, I still like shooting. I felt crazy. Or more like someone with a dirty secret. Guns AND a Democrat?! It can't be!

Then I found LGC and here I am.

I live in Charlottesville, and am looking for a range somewhat close where I can put holes in paper, and improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Greetings from Central Virginia

Sounds like you will fit in real well here. Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

lurker wrote:
SouthpawB wrote:New to forums in general.
how does this happen? it's 2017, not y2k. been living under a rock?
haha pretty much. Instagram and the Facebook have been my understanding of social media. Don't get me wrong, I've read forums on various topics, headspace, 6061 v 7075 aluminum etc. , just never stepped into the conversation prior.

Mohead wrote::welcome: from Alabama. Would love to hear more about your build.
Good to be here. Thanks for having me. Anderson upper and lower. Ergo grip. 18" .223 Wylde barrel, rifle length gas system. Alpha nitride BCG. Magpul SL-S stock. ADE pro 17" mlok handguard. Still in the market for sights and muzzle device. I'll probably upgrade the charging handle and safety selector to ambidextrous versions soon. For now, mil spec is where I'm at.

SouthpawB wrote:
Mohead wrote::welcome: from Alabama. Would love to hear more about your build.
Good to be here. Thanks for having me. Anderson upper and lower. Ergo grip. 18" .223 Wylde barrel, rifle length gas system. Alpha nitride BCG. Magpul SL-S stock. ADE pro 17" mlok handguard. Still in the market for sights and muzzle device. I'll probably upgrade the charging handle and safety selector to ambidextrous versions soon. For now, mil spec is where I'm at.

Sounds like a nice build. I think the ambidextrous charging handle was one of my favorite upgrades.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
John A. Shedd