Re: Bug-A-Salt Gun

CrazyWolf wrote:Have one at home, I quite like it. I wish I brought it with me to SF, for some reason there's a bunch of flying bugs in my apartment that could use a-salting, and I'd prefer to be able to leave my window open.
Are they those stupid mayflies that just fly around in circles in the center of the room?

DoctorB (doesn't sign on very often) has one. It's not long range, but it does take the little buggers out. (My Harbor Freight bug badminton racquet works great if you can make contact with the damn things, but that's not always easy.)
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

HuckleberryFun wrote:
lurker wrote:
highdesert wrote:I use the bug zapper sold at Harbor Freight,
i have this, and occasionally wander the house saying "kill, Kill, KILL!".
Do this in your skivvies and the picture is complete! :P
underwear?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:
lurker wrote:
highdesert wrote:I use the bug zapper sold at Harbor Freight,
i have this, and occasionally wander the house saying "kill, Kill, KILL!".
underwear?
Aaaaiiiii!!! I must dig my mind's eye out with a red hot spoon!!
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote:
lurker wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:
lurker wrote: i have this, and occasionally wander the house saying "kill, Kill, KILL!".
underwear?
Aaaaiiiii!!! I must dig my mind's eye out with a red hot spoon!!
my work here is done.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Maccabee wrote:
CrazyWolf wrote:Have one at home, I quite like it. I wish I brought it with me to SF, for some reason there's a bunch of flying bugs in my apartment that could use a-salting, and I'd prefer to be able to leave my window open.
Are they those stupid mayflies that just fly around in circles in the center of the room?
Some seem larger, judging by my bites and the tiny blood-streaks when I catch them, some are huge mosquitoes.

chaoticmind wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:Has anyone here used one? Is it useful for getting flies, or really just a novelty item?
They work quite well. I bought mine for black widows. For larger insects, buy the coarse salt.
Every hunter knows the importance of using the proper ammo for the game being pursued...
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

I followed their development funding on Facebook. Finally bought one at Sportsman's Warehouse (no shipping cost). Love it for flies and spiders...much less mess than swatting.

No clue why some kid doesn't have a route going from restaurant to restaurant killing their flies for a few bucks.
"Get off my lawn."