Re: Survival Belt buckle

A Bic cigarette lighter is a pretty damn good combination firestarter and bottle opener. It costs $1. In a survival situation I'd rather have a Bic, a proper knife and some paracord to hold my drawers up than a plastic belt and buckle.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

thank you Mason, I've learned something today.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

atxgunguy wrote:
Mason wrote:I prefer to use the first bone of my thumb as the fulcrum.
Pfft...real operators use AK magazines.

I would suggest NOT using a full mag though.

Looks like a good way to f**k up your feed lips.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Mason wrote:A Bic cigarette lighter is a pretty damn good combination firestarter and bottle opener. It costs $1. In a survival situation I'd rather have a Bic, a proper knife and some paracord to hold my drawers up than a plastic belt and buckle.
You wouldn't know tactikool if it bit you on the butt. :roll:

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

When I was young and built houses for a couple of years, we used to open Coke and Pepsi bottles with the claw of a hammer. Just wrap your fist around the bottle and use your finger as the fulcrum and the claw as the lever.

I'd rather have a full money belt, a Leatherman and a Bic.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote:When I was young and built houses for a couple of years, we used to open Coke and Pepsi bottles with the claw of a hammer. Just wrap your fist around the bottle and use your finger as the fulcrum and the claw as the lever.

Using this same concept virtually anything will open a bottle. Spoon, keys, etc.

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

Catalyst wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:When I was young and built houses for a couple of years, we used to open Coke and Pepsi bottles with the claw of a hammer. Just wrap your fist around the bottle and use your finger as the fulcrum and the claw as the lever.

Using this same concept virtually anything will open a bottle. Spoon, keys, etc.
Yup. But nothing works better than a hammer claw. Except a bottle opener/"Church key" of course.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."