.32 H&R tables

The first two are from Lyman #49, with velocities from a 5" pressure barrel. The third is from Speer #13 (1997) with velocities from a 5.5" Ruger Single Six. The fourth is from Lyman Cast handbook, same 5" pressure barrel.

IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: .32 H&R tables

After looking at the different tables I know where I would with this project. My situation is different than both Hikers and Drigeba, I would buy a new mold from Tom at Accurate molds and start pumping out 100gr WC and work up a load with red dot, Under 2 grs powder goes a long way.

I wish the .32 bore was popular, there would be more choices in revolvers available.

eelj wrote:I wish the .32 bore was popular, there would be more choices in revolvers available.
Me too!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

I never get the velocity out of the Speers that I get with the Hornady's using the same load. I think the jacket is thicker on the Speers.

Wadcutters are fun in .32. I have a bunch of Missouri Bullet coated DEWC I'm going to try out. From what I understand coated bullets have less leading issues at higher velocity than plated.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.

In My continuing search for all that is 32 H&R, I came across a couple of articles I wanted to share.

Buffalo Bore +p ammo, What is interesting is the rubric they use for loading their ammo. It confirms what many of us would like to think: that our contemporary Rugers and S&W revolvers are up to much hotter loads than the Break-action 32 H&R mag revolvers the cartridge was designed for. Lots of other interesting info.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l ... tail&p=257

Another take on the 32 H&R from an apparently unabashed fan..

https://www.loaddata.com/Article/BenchT ... -Magnum/92

Another article from a ruger forum

http://rugerforum.net/reloading/66496-3 ... loads.html.

I kinda want a Henry Lever gun in .327 Federal, but there is not sufficient cash nor room in the safe at this time...dream on.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

drigeba wrote: Another article from a ruger forum

Then go to any loading manual and use the load for a 32/20 WCF.
:no: Pretty sure the .32-20 case has a greater volume than the .32 H&R, although I'm too busy to look that up right now. The loads that adhere to the limits of old revolvers *maybe* wouldn't be exciting in the H&R case, but "any loading manual" would potentially include some data for Contenders or strong lever guns that would be way over the SAAMI limit even in the WCF case. Let's be careful out there.

(Later I'll describe the sort of un-careful violations I would probably try if I had a strong .32 H&R) :rolleyes:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote:
drigeba wrote: Another article from a ruger forum

Then go to any loading manual and use the load for a 32/20 WCF.
:no: Pretty sure the .32-20 case has a greater volume than the .32 H&R, although I'm too busy to look that up right now. The loads that adhere to the limits of old revolvers *maybe* wouldn't be exciting in the H&R case, but "any loading manual" would potentially include some data for Contenders or strong lever guns that would be way over the SAAMI limit even in the WCF case. Let's be careful out there.

(Later I'll describe the sort of un-careful violations I would probably try if I had a strong .32 H&R) :rolleyes:
There's a LOT of difference in case volume. That's seriously bad advice.

.32 H&R tables

drigeba wrote: What is interesting is the rubric they use for loading their ammo. It confirms what many of us would like to think: that our contemporary Rugers and S&W revolvers are up to much hotter loads than the Break-action 32 H&R mag revolvers the cartridge was designed for.
The 32 H&R mag cartridge was developed in the mid 1980s. Therefore, any gun designed for 32 H&R (or 327 Federal) will not be very old and should be able to handle any modern ammo.

Uh, just a note on .32H&R guns.... The original H&R revolvers we're 6 shot, which means the cylinder lock coincides with the chamber, and these were a weak design, derived from a .32 S&W long cylinder. NEF bought the tooling after H&R collapsed, and made one change, the made it a 5 shot, moving the cylinder lock between the chambers, and significantly strengthening the gun. So if you get a hankering for a cheap .32H&R, buy the NEF.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.