sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: SHOT Show 2018

very nice job Lara!!!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

SpaceRanger42 wrote:That's groovy. Don't read the comments.
Sorry I had to after your post. Even commented. Some people are truely misinformed.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Enjoyed Lara and her message. As to the stupid comments, it will take a long time to repair the damage done in the past by the Democrats. They have said many just as insulting in the past about hunters and gun owners. I'm happy for the national exposure again, that's why I have rejoined as a dues paying member.

atxgunguy wrote:TFB had this to offer;

Winchester’s WWII Victory Series is a NEW Throwback Ammunition

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018 ... ry-series/

IMG_20180122_091214588_HDR.jpg
Pretty neat. I'll have to track down at least the 12ga. and 45ACP.
Where do the get that this is the 75th anniversary of WWII? Next year 2019 will be the 80th anniversary of the start of WWII. This year will be the Centennial year of the end of WWI. The 30/06 and 45ACP would have been used in both wars.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

senorgrand wrote:
shinzen wrote:If you're not following us on FB, you're missing some pretty interesting stuff that Lara is posting.
Could blogbot repost that stuff here?
Yes, please. Some of us don't use FaceBook.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

senorgrand wrote:
shinzen wrote:If you're not following us on FB, you're missing some pretty interesting stuff that Lara is posting.
Could blogbot repost that stuff here?
Yes please, I don't Facebook.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

If we have the blogbot repost, it also would repost everything to FB again- which is a problem. FB is much more integrated for posting stuff quickly than a blog would be. That said, lemme talk to her and see what we can do.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Nice to see Black Guns Matter there
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

"...should not be a partisan issue. It's become an identity politics issue."

Come on--we have to have "shooting stuff is fun" out there as a logo or a trademark or something.

"I'm not voting for you" if you don't make sense about every single civil right.

The Corona is a nice touch.

Lara is a great spokespod.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

eelj wrote:...it will take a long time to repair the damage done in the past by the Democrats.
If it helps, they never stopped. They are doing equivalent damage right now.
eelj wrote:They have said many just as insulting in the past about hunters and gun owners.
And they continue to do so.

The comments associated with the video are worth ignoring.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Laura was good, the production left a lot to be desired.

Those aren't the microphones to use in that situation. A better selection would have helped in not picking up so much background noise. Levels should have been set better and the host could use some practice in using his mike. Sound was the big problem here.

Then the camera framing was poor. Too much headroom. No reason the yellow blob of signage should have been in the shot, tilt down :( .

Lighting adequate, could have been better. It can be difficult to get right so it's last on the list. They both were lit too bright and Laura, being lighter skinned, should have had even less light on her than the host. In the end it was better to error on the side of too bright rather than too dark.

Hey, I understand the "production crew" was probably just the host and he had a very limited budget, but it certainly looked like it.

in the end it was good Laura got our message out and the average viewer probably only noticed the sound problems.

Body mics can really save a budget production. I interviewed a few hundred folks and after the first couple of days, I dropped my expensive hand held mic and replaced it with a fairly cheap lapel mic. Much better at eliminating background noise.

Of course, we would miss the Doobies with body mikes.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."