Re: What do you keep yer guns in when not using them?

Small gun safe at home. I have one of the lock boxes with a steel cable in the car in case I ever need to leave my CC in the car while I go to the post office or court house.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Most are in a Liberty safe at home. I say most because I work out of town and have an apartment in the town I work in. Here I have been considering a simple locker style safe. I am slowly accumulating enough at my apartment that I am developing a need to do something more than leaning them against the wall in my closet.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

SubRosa wrote:It's good that we are taking their security seriously, too many are stolen (or lost due to fires).

On a note more in keeping with my usual perspective, everyone is concerned with safe sex.

Buying a safe big enuf to screw in is really expensive :laugh:

Subs
According to my son, all you need is a padded headboard.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Hidden and locked gun cabinet that is bolted to studs holds most of my collection...you have to get past 3 locks to access these guns, two to get to the ammo. I do have a hidden revolver safe in another part of the house. This is also bolted to studs.

Keep yer shit locked up people...guns have been around for hundreds of years, and in that time, no gun has ever walked away to commit a crime on its own accord.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

atxgunguy wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Keep yer shit locked up people...guns have been around for hundreds of years, and in that time, no gun has ever walked away to commit a crime on its own accord.
Can we add this to our mission statement?
We need to change the gun culture to encourage people to keep their guns secured at all times (either in a safe or on their person. It would be a great way to decrease gun deaths without new laws.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Kept in a solid bolted down safe during the day.

During the evening, within my control, unless I’m asleep but then it’s still within reach.

I don’t have kids, but if I did the evening system would be closed and locked. I can open it blind in two seconds.

I like V-Line simplex safes for periodic quick access storage because they’re mechanical, have no bypass key and can be bolted down.
http://www.vlineind.com/