Re: One more off my lust list - Finn

atxgunguy wrote:
sikacz wrote:The Finn is in the mail coming home! An order application for a M1 Garand is on it's way.
Careful, FlyGuy might just start feeling threatened by the number of guns you have on order. :roflmao:
:love: That's my plan, he's not buying us enough guns to play with! :roflmao:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

HuckleberryFun wrote:Congrats, sikacz! Your obsessive stalking of pretty guns verges on the creepy but as long as no one complains HR... :P
:roflmao: I thought my Finn M39 bolt was smooth, this thing is superb considering it's made from parts that in some cases are over a hundred years old. Admittedly it is pretty obsessive. I've stalked this rifle since the summer of 1983. Took me long enough.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
atxgunguy wrote:
sikacz wrote:The Finn is in the mail coming home! An order application for a M1 Garand is on it's way.
Careful, FlyGuy might just start feeling threatened by the number of guns you have on order. :roflmao:
:love: That's my plan, he's not buying us enough guns to play with! :roflmao:
Sorry Guys, I have been a little quite lately. :roll:
I made up for it though. :whistle:
I just picked up a new EDC. A Kimber Ultra Carry II. Chambered in .45 ACP 7+1 w/green laser in the grip.
I'll do a proper range report soon. I have been waiting because I wanted to include my other new purchase which I just found out arrived. Today I am picking up my Tec-9. I hope that this completes my 90's gangster gun collection (Mac-10, Uzi, Tec-9, MP-5, and ...) :shoot2:

I'm sorry I am missing the Lockhart trip. I have been "volun-told" to help out this weekend.

That is a great looking Rifle my Friend. I have been looking for ammo for the thing at my usual haunts, but to no avail. I will keep looking.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

I did put in a 7.62x54R snap cap and it works fine. I'm wondering if I should slug the barrel and see if it's a .308 or a larger around .310 plus. If it's larger then most of the 7.62x54R should work if it chambers. If it's .308 the Lapua's 7.62x53R would be better. Eventually this is going to be reloading project time!

CDFingers wrote:I'm going to look for one of those peeps.

CDFingers
I'll take another picture after work tonight. The receiver has a milled slot to attach the sight to. Probably won't easily work on another Mosin unless you're willing to get machine work done. They did some modding to the bolt as well. I'll get a photo of that as well for you to look at.

Right now the only company making a neck sizing die for the russian round is RCBS, I did a little search on the internet yesterday and there is not a lot of components or info for that rd.

I would slug the bore. After that you should slug the bore of your milsurp rifle, it would be great if they were the same.

eelj wrote:When slugging the bore with a wooden dowel you have to make sure it doesn't split, if it does it will wedge between the slug and bore and you will have to go to a gunsmith to remove it.

I use a steel rod and wrap it tightly with duct tape to protect the rifling. Best is a brass rod.
I think I'll buy a brass rod. Thanks for the tip and a good idea about doing both the M39 and the M28/76.