Re: Rossi 62 Pump 22?

When I was younger I shot a couple of old and very nice winchester pump 22s. Really nice rifles and every bit as capable of wasting ammo firing rapidly as a semi. I think remington used to make one like that too, classic fair ground gallery guns. My wife has been avoiding me lately and when I asked her why she said "senorgrande needs to buy another gun".

I currently own more than one! They are excellent clones of the Winchester "gallery gun" and so shoot and cycle all kinds of .22. They are fun to shoot, accurate enough with iron sights, and great for teaching novices. It's just a fun gun all around and not terribly expensive.

I bought a fishing rod carrier off eBay and can take down the rifle and carry it inconspicuously. Possibly even a good addition in a Bug Out Bag if you're prepper-minded.

I like the longer barrel version because of the sight radius. And because we all need more CAPACITY!!!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I don't know if its just the way the pictures were taken but the middle rifles stock is more pleasing to my eye.

I've always liked tubular mags on 22s, years ago there was so much different 22 ammo available shorts, longs and long rifle. A manually operated rifle will handle them all.

Brings back memories of when I was a kid and going to the dump and shooting rats. Plinking cans, old TVs, certainly were simpler times.

I have never, ever come across one of the pump Henry's. Surprising given how many lever 22's I've seen from them. Look like neat guns of a slightly different design from the Winchester (and Rossi) '62. That octagon barrel is a bit overkill for 22 and adds unnecessary weight I suspect. It doesn't take-down. But certainly a pretty gun.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I have a collection of the original Winchesters; they are just outstanding little rifles. I also have a Rossi and Taurus 62A and those are great little rifles also. They are completely reliable, SO MUCH FUN to shoot, weigh practically nothing, take down easy. You could do much worse than a Rossi 62A.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

I'm sure you already came across this vid in your research:
https://youtu.be/u7yZ9eMwhTw

Note the Rossi 62 is able to slam-fire (by keeping down the trigger while sliding the action close) like the old Winchesters. I've never done that because I hear it wears out internals faster. But it's certainly amusing to watch someone else do it in a video (2:49)!

I don't think the Winchester pump action .22's "slam fire", I'm pretty sure he's actually pulling the trigger. There is no auto-sear mechanism in the 1890 series rifles like the Winchester 1897 or M12 shotguns.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”