Re: What did you reload today?

For the first time in months some 357 magnum. Hadn't cast anything for awhile, but had some plain base 125-grain truncated cones and loaded them to 38 special pressures to prevent leading. I'll be trying them tomorrow in my new Winchester 1892 Short Rifle - made in Japan; a very nice gun.
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

TinkerPearce wrote:200gr. LRNFP over 5.1gr. of Trail Boss, CCI300 primer in .45 Cowboy Special

Are those cut down 45LC?
I do like Trail Boss great powder for revolvers and lite loads for rifles. My daughter's 14 and shoot my 30-06 over a full case of TB and likes it only 2 to 4in low at 100.
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!

zzrguy wrote:
TinkerPearce wrote: Are those cut down 45LC?
I do like Trail Boss great powder for revolvers and lite loads for rifles. My daughter's 14 and shoot my 30-06 over a full case of TB and likes it only 2 to 4in low at 100.
Yes- Starline makes brass, but I had a lot of .45 Colt on-hand, and the tools to make it easy to shorten a bunch of it in a hurry.
Last edited by TinkerPearce on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Aim for their foil beanies! It's the only way to be sure..."
https://tinkertalksguns.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/michael.t.pearce.7

a box of light 7mm Rem Mag with 150 SMKs over 44.7 grains of 3031

also, a dozen test rounds of moderately warm 45-70 with the 255 grain lathe turned "match solid" made by Lehigh Defense for the 458 Socom, loaded over the same 44.7 grains of 3031

If both these loads wok out, I'll make a whole bunch of them on the same day, without having to adjust my powder measure.

I reloaded 100 rounds of 7.62X51mm:

Hornady 150 gr. FMJ-BT bullet.
Lake City 7.62X51mm military cases.
41 grains of Winchester 748 (This isn't the hottest load one could make, but I am not using my typical IMR 4895; I will start playing it safe).
CCI #34 primers.
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

A couple hundred absolute bunny loads in 38SPL. 3.2grains of W231 pushing a 148grain Eggleston Munitions LRN Hi-Tek coated pink for my wife to pop out of the Smith 15-3. Even in a J-frame there's 22LR levels of recoil. Then change out the entire system (cartridge plate, primer stop, powder throw, and die plate) to load up some zlightly zippier 45Colt loads for the ol' lever gun. :D

Still working on .30 caliber 56gr sabot rounds for my 7.62x39 shooting. So far, the melonited barrel of my C39V2 is cooperating as is the 18gr of CFE BLK that sits below them. I really need to get these over a chronograph so I can see just how screaming fast these goobers are moving. :lol:
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

43 rounds of 185gr .45 xtp over a range of power pistol.

Lost 1 to a mangled primer and 1 to a very smashed case (now on my wall of shame) due to not reading the setup instructions on the RCBS die I was using. Also, apparently Blazer brass .45 auto is small pistol primer, which is unfortunate since I only had 45 small pistol primers and 1000 large pistol primers.

offensivename wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 am 43 rounds of 185gr .45 xtp over a range of power pistol.

Lost 1 to a mangled primer and 1 to a very smashed case (now on my wall of shame) due to not reading the setup instructions on the RCBS die I was using. Also, apparently Blazer brass .45 auto is small pistol primer, which is unfortunate since I only had 45 small pistol primers and 1000 large pistol primers.
Ya, screw those Blazers; I run a progressive and I have to disassemble the entire thing to unjam it. Granted, bit of a design flaw with the Pro2000 press, but still...

I practice a lot with my .380. As such I, mostly reload it. I find it odd, even when I purchase brass, I am money ahead with reloads.

I am considering 22tcm. I keep looking at the rifle on gun.deals to see if they are available. Once they are available again I will probably jump. That will have me reloading a second caliber.
I am also considering getting into 5.56. It would make my AR cheaper to feed.

.. . but right now. . . .380
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40