New to club and gun from CT!

Hello,
Checking in from the great state (Depending on who you ask :lol: ) of CT!
I am still waiting on my permit but as I am in a suburb and I am now on week 7, I have hope the wait will soon be over! Maybe wishful thinking but I would rather be positive haha. I am also taking the CT hunting course soon and looking to pick up my first pistol and rifle as soon as I legally can. I am happy to have found this forum because it certainly has been a trip researching guns and hunting on very anti-left forums. A little about me, I work in healthcare and still go to college though I do have my bachelors already. Despite my states many flaws, I do love CT and plan on staying far into the future. I love being outdoors and have been wanting to get my gun permit for years, and finally have the money to do it! I look forward to talking with you all on the forums and potentially meeting any fellow New Englanders. :D

Re: New to club and gun from CT!

danhue wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am Hi from PA (near Philly). What type of gun will you get once you have your permit?
Definitely a Ruger Mark IV 22/45, I want to build good shooting form from the start so a big 22lr with minimal recoil sounds about right. I have shot one before and it is great fun. I am also thinking about picking up a M&P 15-22 or a Savage mkII. Savage would be a better choice for hunting small game but I may still go M&P 15-22... because I really want one :whistle:
Thanks for the welcoming everybody!