"Girl Scouts meeting Ohio senators at capitol to talk gun control"

Girl Scouts meeting Ohio senators at capitol to talk gun control
When they get there, they'll be meeting with Ohio senators Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman to talk gun control.

They say they do drills at school to prepare for intruders and active shooters.

"We don't think we should have to worry about that. We should have to worry about the math test tomorrow," Mary Ganim said.

Re: "Girl Scouts meeting Ohio senators at capitol to talk gun control"

"We shouldn't have to" boils down to spoiled entitled self centered whining elitists. Just what makes her world deserve something no one else is ever guaranteed. This shows that these children are doing nothing more than parroting anti gun propaganda fed to them by entitled adults who keeps filling their minds with this entitlement propaganda. No one should have to worry about where they sleep or where their next meal is coming from. I place more emphasis on solving those issues than a disproportionately hyped fear of shootings that may interrupt her concentration on math. Perhaps she should be given a quick course on statistics.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Bisbee wrote:Yeah... well you won't see the Boy Scouts doing the same and handing over their .22's. -Amirite?
Give it time. They'll become the Scouts BSA in February. I would be very surprised if the Scouts BSA did not lose the .22s and take a gun prohibitionist position because of "gun violence" within the next few years.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re:

DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am
Bisbee wrote:Yeah... well you won't see the Boy Scouts doing the same and handing over their .22's. -Amirite?
Give it time. They'll become the Scouts BSA in February. I would be very surprised if the Scouts BSA did not lose the .22s and take a gun prohibitionist position because of "gun violence" within the next few years.
It's not a merger and it's not making BSA co-ed, they will admit girls but it's up to troops to decide. Who knows, girls who join might be very interested in shooting. I don't see marksmanship going away.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Re:

highdesert wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am
DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am
It's not a merger and it's not making BSA co-ed, they will admit girls but it's up to troops to decide.
That's pretty well understood. BSA is changing its name to Scouts BSA and girls may no longer have to join unofficially. The GSUSA has been vocal about it's unhappiness with the move since the Girl Scouts had already been seeing declines in their membership.
highdesert wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 amWho knows, girls who join might be very interested in shooting.
Those girls have parents, and many of those parents are not going to be interested in their daughters shooting. Moreover, they're not going to like the fact shooting is available to their daughters as an activity. Those parents are going to enlist boys' parents who are sympathetic to prohibiting shooting, and together they're going lobby the Scouts BSA to wreck it for all the other members. May take a few years.
highdesert wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 amI don't see marksmanship going away.
"Marksmanship" can take on new meaning:
http://img.ssww.com/cs_srgb,q_90,w_540/ ... NL0225.jpg

It's not well known, there was a lot of confusion over BSAs announcement about admitting girls. Many people thought Scouting BSA would have to accept girls at all levels, not so. Yes, marksmanship can be interpreted many ways: 22lr rifles and pistols;; BB guns; air guns; bow and arrow; and darts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

:roflmao:
featureless wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:17 pm
highdesert wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 pm Yes, marksmanship can be interpreted many ways: 22lr rifles and pistols;; BB guns; air guns; bow and arrow; and darts.
You forgot pissing one's name in the dirt/snow.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood and the snark is showing.
:roflmao: Forgot - defining ones territory.

That's funny, Doug. I'm borrowing that one.

But, Eris, I've heard women can pee standing and aim pretty good too. Just takes more practice. We can verify that with our commander and chef.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi