Pro 2A Democrat for US Congress WINS!!!!

Amy McGrath Wins Kentucky Democratic Nomination For 6th District, To Face Andy Barr In November.

Pro 2nd Amendment fighter pilot veteran wins the primary. In a KET (PBS) debate she stated that "had fired all kinds of weapons," and that she "is a supporter of the 2nd amendment" She also indicated that she was NOT interested in banning the AR-15.

I have such hope for this woman!!!!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Pro 2A Democrat for US Congress WINS!!!!

Her position seems to be, at least more nuanced than other Dems. I'm still troubled by this on her website though:
When do we discuss who should have access to what are essentially weapons of war (like the AR-15)? Or high-capacity magazines? What about the value of a federal database of gun sales, or a broader discussion about concealed carry? Or an analysis of the benefits and costs to mandatory liability insurance, like we do most other things that we own that can injure others?
That paragraph from her website seems to be pretty in line with mainstream dems.

I do appreciate that she supports a public option for healthcare and removing marijuana from the schedule 1, but she stops short of full legalization.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

senorgrand wrote:That paragraph is full of suck.
Yep. Along with the intellectually-dishonest presentation of policy positions as questions, she wants mandatory liability insurance, perpetuates the Democratic party's "weapons of war" lie, toes the party line on standard-capacity magazines, wants a federal registry, and wishes to do something undoubtedly bad with concealed carry.

Sounds like a mainstream gun prohibitionist.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

senorgrand wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:57 pm Mandatory liability insurance? Weapons of war?

No thanks.
Yep. My wife and I vote regularly. We voted in the Texas democratic primary earlier in the year. There was a run off last night for a few critical candidates and even though some were ones I voted for earlier I had no desire to go support them a second time. Main reason for me, they decided to support this "weapons of war" mantra and the "common sense" legislation slogan. To me both are key indicators they don't know what the hell they are talking about. At the moment I'd say the Democratic Party is doing an excellent job setting up for a loss.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Bernie started spewing anti-gun nonsense after a few months of campaigning for Prez. It broke my heart. I doubt he would have done anything about it, though.

Elections always seem to be a choice between bad and less bad. It could be worse.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt