Re: History

Marlene wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 am That looks like a truly excellent range day waiting to happen.
With a lot of cleaning afterwards. But yeah, neat collection
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

featureless wrote:I don't know what any of those guns are, but they are very cool!
Top to bottom

Handgonne in 36 cal (not sure why)
Replica Japanese Matchlock in 50cal (I bought it on purpose in 50 cal, but they were much larger bore
Officers Brown Bess (ala a fusil, I may have acquired it from a member) in 16 gauge aka 66 cal
Flintlock Hawken in 50cal
Caplock Hawken in 50cal (one is a traditions, one is armscorp, I can’t keep straight which)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Inquisitor wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 pm
featureless wrote:I don't know what any of those guns are, but they are very cool!
Top to bottom

Handgonne in 36 cal (not sure why)
Replica Japanese Matchlock in 50cal (I bought it on purpose in 50 cal, but they were much larger bore
Officers Brown Bess (ala a fusil, I may have acquired it from a member) in 16 gauge aka 66 cal
Flintlock Hawken in 50cal
Caplock Hawken in 50cal (one is a traditions, one is armscorp, I can’t keep straight which)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Just looked at the Traditions website. I think I've got some new things for my wishlist now.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

featureless wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:09 pm Gahd thems some big projectiles! Black powder? Does that result in a lower recoil or do you end up on your ass every time you shoot one? I've never played with such historical beauties.
it's been my experience that black powder burns slower, hence gives a shove vs the slap of smokeless.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Marlene wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 pm
lurker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:49 pm i NEED a flintlock.
Well you could have had that fusil if you had been faster ;)
aw shucks. but then given this bunch to choose from, i might have gone for the japanese matchlock. oh, who am i kidding, i like them all.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:53 pm
featureless wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:09 pm Gahd thems some big projectiles! Black powder? Does that result in a lower recoil or do you end up on your ass every time you shoot one? I've never played with such historical beauties.
it's been my experience that black powder burns slower, hence gives a shove vs the slap of smokeless.
Thanks!

Eris, you should not have indicated that was a website. The last thing I need is some of that coolness.