Hot in Hades Texas Liberal Gun Club Social!

Hot in Hades Texas Liberal Gun Club Social was held 10th of June, at the Blackwood Gun Club. Gates opened up 9:00am Sunday morning. Six of us showed up and three Garands! This portion of the range goes up to 200 yards - 25y, 50y, 100y, and 200y all from your shooting station. Many of us set up targets at 25, 50 and a 100 yards. It was hot, at least hot enough! Here's a few pics!
Last edited by sikacz on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5239.JPG
IMG_5247.JPG

Re: Hot in Hades Texas Liberal Gun Club Social!

FlyGuy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 am Looks Like a good time :thumbup:
Sorry I wasn't there fellows. :thumbdown:
Had to spend time with the in-laws. :think:
Anyway, I would have been jealous with all those Garands hanging about. :crazy:
Still waiting for the next Email. :(
I will make it a point to be there the next time for sure. :beer2:
Garands are a hoot! It is officially my favorite semi-automatic rifle. Having now shot one for a bit more than a few rounds I can see the advantage this rifle gave our soldiers in WW2.

In laws are important, but your spouse even more so. Keep her happy.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:54 pm Of course there is.....and the crew!

And what a motley crew it is, looks like Y'all had fun, love the LGC sticker too, here in Madison, WI the Berkeley of the Midwest, plenty of vehicles plastered with "political" stickers...need to put in my 2 cents worth.
And like they say in Texas...if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it will get hotter down there. It already has in places like Midland/Odessa.
Last edited by MaxwellG on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

lurker wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 am liars! that's not texas, nor is it hot. there's still grass, and it's green.
Yeah... and we in AZ know that hell is a dry-heat. Those pictures look awful humid to me. And whoever heard of Libruls shooting guns anyway. -Balderdash!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 pm
lurker wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 am liars! that's not texas, nor is it hot. there's still grass, and it's green.
Yeah... and we in AZ know that hell is a dry-heat. Those pictures look awful humid to me. And whoever heard of Libruls shooting guns anyway. -Balderdash!
True enough, Texas is like a poorly heated sauna.

On saunas and hell, growing up in Massachusetts we had a Finnish sauna and a frequent guest was the pastor of our Finnish Lutheran church. He was an avid sauna goer and would always be the last to leave no matter how hot or how much water was thrown on the rocks. As the temperatures climbed above 200 F and often above 230 F and the rest of scampered out of the sauna, the pastor would jokingly remark that this was training for hell. :evil:

I do have a bit of advice. Buy a decent gas plug tool and the gas cylinder wrench. I have the wrench, but the combo tool while okay is not the best leverage to torque the plug tight. My plug had worked loose sometime before I started shooting at the 100. I thought the sight picture had changed, but dismissed it at the time. While cleaning I noticed there was movement at the sight meaning the plug was no longer tight. Ordered a better tool Tuesday.