U.S. Dept Heatlh Human Services considering tent cities in Texas for immigrant children.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is considering several Texas military bases as sites for tent cities to house thousands of immigrant children separated from their parents, per McClatchy.

Texas may soon be the site of tent cities that will house immigrant children separated from their parents as a result of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy, McClatchy reported Tuesday.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is eyeing Fort Bliss, an Army base close to El Paso, as a potential location for a cluster of temporary shelters that could house between 1,000 and 5,000 children, McClatchy reported. The department is also considering Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene and Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo.

Thousands of immigrant children have been separated from their parents in the wake of the new policy, which U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced in April. The policy requires immigration authorities to prosecute adults who enter the country illegally seeking asylum, while children are placed in shelters or with families. The tent city proposal is the Department of Health and Human Services’ latest idea for housing the growing number of children under their care, who are quickly filling shelters.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/trump- ... en-report/

Who is the Orange Stain going to get to run the tent cities in Texas. He needs someone that is experienced in dealing with immigrants and running similar containment areas. He must also be liked by the Orange Slime. The Orange Slimes best pick would probably be, SHERIFF JOE!!
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: U.S. Dept Heatlh Human Services considering tent cities in Texas for immigrant children.

highdesert wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:56 pm I agree, shades of Sheriff Joe. These are children and not criminals, their parents may have committed a crime but they didn't. If HHS doesn't redo the plan, I hope a lawyers group takes it to court and blocks it.
It will almost surely be blocked temporarily awaiting a much longer court battle.

To put children into such obvious danger is a human rights violation.

Re: U.S. Dept Heatlh Human Services considering tent cities in Texas for immigrant children.

1500 boys are housed in a former Walmart run by an Austin non-profit, Southwest Key. One reporter got a tour and took a pic of the "Trump Wall" inside.
https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/statu ... 2192950272
http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant- ... dre-2018-6
http://www.swkey.org/about/faqs/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

methodmissing wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm @highdesert (Trump Wall/Child Concentration Camp) I saw that this morning. Very upsetting, definitely a human rights violation. And they're treating it like a natural cause-and-effect of the laws, enforcement, and needs of the situation.
I wonder how much souls sell for these days? Seems like a buyer's market.
Crimes Against Humanity a good start for the Orange Slime Ball and his Administration. Of course they will use the excuse "I was just following orders" The Place of Justice in Nuremberg Germany is still there and the courtroom 600 is still in use. I'm sure that Chancellor Merkel would be willing to loan it out for our use in an international trial.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Even Paul Ryan cam out against separating families.
House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that he opposes the separation of undocumented immigrant families at U.S. borders and wants to change the practice in legislation.

"No I am not" comfortable with it, the Wisconsin Republican told reporters. "We don't want kids to be separated from their parents."

GOP lawmakers are expected to include a provision barring the separation of families in an immigration bill the House will consider next week, according to NBC News. It is unclear whether that bill, intended to balance the demands of centrist and conservative House Republicans, will pass the chamber.

Ryan reportedly told colleagues this week that President Donald Trump supports the GOP compromise. Later Thursday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders would not endorse a specific bill but said Trump would support a measure that leads to a "permanent solution." During a heated exchange on the separation practice, she repeatedly claimed the administration is just enforcing the law.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/paul-ry ... order.html
President Trump has responded to criticisms of family separation by claiming that a “Democratic law” requires him to do it, and that if Congress doesn’t like it, they can change the law.

This is not true. There is no law that requires immigrant families to be separated. The decision to charge everyone crossing the border with illegal entry — and the decision to charge asylum seekers in criminal court rather than waiting to see if they qualify for asylum — are both decisions the Trump administration has made.

Other administration officials back up Trump by pointing to the laws that give extra protections to families, unaccompanied children, and asylum seekers. The administration has been asking Congress to change these laws since it came into office, and has blamed them for stopping Trump from securing the border the way he’d like. (Those aren’t “Democratic laws” either; the law addressing unaccompanied children was passed overwhelmingly in 2008 and signed by George W. Bush, while the restriction on detaining families is a result of federal litigation.)

In that context, the law isn’t forcing Trump to separate families; it’s keeping Trump from doing what he’d perhaps really like to do, which is simply sending families back or keeping them in detention together, and so he has had to resort to plan B.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/ ... ed-parents

Another lie from the Liar in Chief.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TrueTexan wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm
methodmissing wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm @highdesert (Trump Wall/Child Concentration Camp) I saw that this morning. Very upsetting, definitely a human rights violation. And they're treating it like a natural cause-and-effect of the laws, enforcement, and needs of the situation.
I wonder how much souls sell for these days? Seems like a buyer's market.
Crimes Against Humanity a good start for the Orange Slime Ball and his Administration. Of course they will use the excuse "I was just following orders" The Place of Justice in Nuremberg Germany is still there and the courtroom 600 is still in use. I'm sure that Chancellor Merkel would be willing to loan it out for our use in an international trial.
It's a violation of international law, however it may not be a criminal violation. They'll have to prove that parents were lied to in order to remove children to detention camps for it to become a criminal violation. My question is how do the border patrol agents who are doing this sleep at night. It's definitely reminiscent of Nazi death camps where the SS guards told the new arrivals they were going to take a shower.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 94326.html

It wasn’t the Dems that originally came up with the idea of separating families. It was Simply Slimy Stephen Miller, resident Trumpian Facist.
To the surprise of no one, the biggest White House proponent of ripping immigrant children from their parents—and committing government-sponsored child abuse in the process—is garbage human being Stephen Miller.

A report Saturday in The New York Times said Miller—who in addition to being a racist xenophobe is likely both extremely insecure and a sociopath—is a prominent advocate inside the Trump administration for the “nuclear option” to discourage undocumented immigrants from coming to the U.S., a policy no other previous administration was willing to touch.

According to the Times, “for George W. Bush and Barack Obama, the idea of crying children torn from their parents’ arms was simply too inhumane — and too politically perilous — to embrace as policy…”

In fact, when the Obama administration held a series of meetings to hash out all options on immigration policy, when it came to the issue of separating children from their parents, “We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea. The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are,” Obama’s domestic policy adviser Cecilia Muñoz told the Times.

But there is no morality in the thinking of Stephen Miller.

The report noted:

Privately, Mr. Miller argued that bringing back “zero tolerance” would be a potent tool in a severely limited arsenal of strategies for stopping migrants from flooding across the border.

The idea was to end a practice referred to by its detractors as “catch and release,” in which illegal immigrants apprehended at the border are released into the interior of the United States to await the processing of their cases. Mr. Miller argued that the policy provided a perverse incentive for migrants, essentially ensuring that if they could make it to the United States border and claim a “credible fear” of returning home, they would be given a chance to stay under asylum laws, at least temporarily.

Of course, Miller isn’t the only one responsible for the current inhumane disaster of a policy that has angered even Republicans and members of President Donald Trump’s religious base. In early 2017, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who was then serving as homeland security secretary, threatened to use family separation as a tactic to deter undocumented immigrants from entering the U.S.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, also a big advocate of the so-called “nuclear option,” announced the administration’s “zero tolerance” policy in April and then used a Bible quote this week to justify it. That pseudo-religious stunt earned the scorn of various religious denominations, including the United Methodist Church, which called on Sessions, a Methodist, to “immediately reverse these decisions.” The Catholic Church also condemned the policy, saying, “Separating babies from their mothers is not the answer and is immoral,” The Hill reported.

Others, including Trump himself, have claimed to dislike the policy, although his public response has been to lie about it by falsely blaming Democrats when he could end the ongoing cruelty with the stroke of a pen.

On Sunday, professional administration liar Kellyanne Conway said on NBC’s Meet the Press that, “As a mother, as a Catholic, as somebody who’s got a conscience…I will tell you that nobody likes this policy.” But, like a good Trumpkin, she added, “Congress passed the law that it is a crime to enter this country illegally. So if they don’t like that law, they should change it.”

Miller, on the other hand, isn’t even pretending to have any moral misgivings about the administration’s Nazi-like behavior, calling it a “simple decision.”

“No nation can have the policy that whole classes of people are immune from immigration law or enforcement,” he told The New York Times. “It was a simple decision by the administration to have a zero tolerance policy for illegal entry, period. The message is that no one is exempt from immigration law.”
https://splinternews.com/stephen-miller ... 1826901787

These detention facilities sound a lot like concentration camps. The irony is that most immigrants are coming to work, because we all know that arbitet macht frie.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Now we are finding out how good the workers are trained and their backgrounds in childcare.
For those workers caring for the children ripped out of the arms of their parents trying to cross the border, they only had one week of training.

In an interview with MSNBC’s Yasmin Vossoughian, former migrant shelter center staffer Antar Davidson revealed that he and his fellow staffers didn’t receive any training in child welfare, childcare or any medical training, except basic CPR.

“We got about a week’s worth of training, which included CPR,” he continued. “It should be added that most of the people were at least, as the youth care workers most of them prior to this were in construction or in the restaurant business or retail. So, they really had a difficult time hiring people with the necessary skills.”

Davidson also explained that the facility that he was in a detention center where the children were as young as four and five years old. While he lasted several weeks on the job, he said many couldn’t even make it through the on-the-job training portion.

“Could it have something to do with the fact that workers were very much underpaid? This is a federal level of responsibility we’re talking about, and the work undertaking this increasingly difficult task are not given federal level benefits and support,” he also said. “So, the people are just being tossed out there unprepared.”

He reiterated the job that was too difficult on his own moral code to stay at the facility any longer.

“I had already been asked once to do something against my morals,” he confessed in the interview. “I saw that I wouldn’t be able to continue there, because increasingly I was going expected to do things that I felt were morally wrong in terms of dealing with the kids who are traumatized.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/man-qu ... struction/

They keep lying and saying "They are breaking the law!"
No, they are not. They are coming and applying for asylum. One trump ditto-head on MSNBC this am said "But they are doing it the wrong way, not the legal way!" Give me a fuckin' break! They are poor, poorly educated people fleeing gang violence and they're supposed to know the law like they are Ty Cobb or Jay Sekelow???

And do you know what the kicker is? The violent gangs in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Mexico have all EXPLODED because the US deported them for even minor offenses, rather than jailing them. And was a teen is deported to El Salvador, where he hasn't lived since he was little, his ONLY means of survival is....the gangs!

So we exported our problem, rather than dealing with it, to nations TOTALLY unequipped to handle it, which has created a refugee situation from the violence....and now the Trumpolinis are saying the refugees are criminals, and, using Gestapo-like tactics are deliberately ripping children away from parents, to make the trauma be a deterrent.

I don't believe in hitting kids, but for Stephen Miller's liberal Progressive parents I would make an exception. They should have whipped his sorry ass every time he pulled one of his nasty, shitty stunts as a kid. Might not have helped, but he couldn't be any more twisted than he already is. And when he was older and the first time he pulled shit in college, at Duke, they should have said "Do it again and you'd better find another way to pay for college, because we're DONE!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

They got busted for detaining the immigrants coming in the "legal way" so they changed their plan. They tell the refugees to do it the legal way, but they don't allow them an interview for asylum. Immigrants/refugees stay around outside the checkpoint waiting in line for days. If they run out of food and water (volunteers are feeding them), Trump wouldn't care. If they make a break for the border, they are arrested.

I am actually surprised (and happy) that this issue became so heated. Trump is cruel and petty to everyone, but his cruelty seems to have finally angered most Americans.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt