AZ GOP Lawmaker complains immigration a threat not enough white kids

More of the racist BS from the Rightwing Wankers.
An Arizona state lawmaker faces backlash after claiming immigration represents an “existential threat” to the United States, in part because “there aren’t enough white kids.”

Rep. David Stringer, a Republican from Prescott, railed against the changing demographics in his state on Monday at a Yavapai County Republican Men’s Forum event.

“Sixty percent of public school children in the state of Arizona today are minorities,” Stringer told the crowd. “That complicates racial integration because there aren’t enough white kids to go around.”

Calling immigration “politically destabilizing,” Stringer lamented that minority students will grow up to “change the demographic voting base of this state.”

“Immigration today represents an existential threat to the United States,” he said. “If we don’t do something about immigration very, very soon, the demographics of our country will be irrevocably changed and we will be a very different country. It will not be the country you were born into.”

Stringer’s comments began making headlines on Wednesday after David Schapira, a Democratic candidate for Arizona’s superintendent of public instruction, posted a video of them online.

Carlos Galindo-Elvira, regional director of Anti-Defamation League Arizona, called Stringer’s remarks “shockingly inappropriate.”

“We are deeply disturbed after viewing the video and hearing comments made by Rep. David Stringer regarding minorities and immigrants,” Galindo-Elvira said in a statement on Wednesday.

“There’s no place in our state government for this type of hateful messaging especially when we are a nation of immigrants; it is shockingly inappropriate,” he said. “Rep. Stringer totally disregards the numerous contributions made by immigrants for our country.”

Stringer, who is running for re-election this year, did not immediately return HuffPost’s request for comment.

In a statement to The Arizona Republic, Arizona House Minority Leader Rebecca Rios (D) called Stringer’s comments “another source of national embarrassment for our state.”

“Just as disturbing, there did not appear to be single murmur of disagreement from the audience,” Rio said. “We work side by side with Rep. Stringer and our Republican colleagues and want to think the best of them. But when will they stand up to divisive rhetoric like this that echoes fervent racists and white nationalists like David Duke?”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/da ... fb827185ba

It is not the same country I was born into and thank goodness for that. I was born under the declining laws of Jim Crow. I remember segregation. I also remember meeting people from all over the world that came here for a better life. They started businesses and made a success of themselves. We have heard his idiocy voiced ever since we were a country starting with the No Nothing Party during the Great Awakening or as I like to think of it as the Great Shutdown after the age of Enlightenment. It went on against the Irish during the Potato Famine, The same sentiment continued against other immigrants the Germans, the Italians, the Eastern Europeans, the Jews, the Muslims, the Chinese, the Japanese, the Hispanics, and on and on. These heirs of the No Nothings even voiced these ravings against the Blacks, whose ancestors didn't have a choice about coming here. They even voice this crap against the Native Americans, who were here first. Also here first in the southwest, the Hispanics were here long before the "Americans" came and took the land.

Unfortunately we have a growing group of people that see themselves as the "True Americans" and are willing to voice their hateful displeasure at those they don't feel should belong here. These ignorant people have no idea what they owe to those immigrants. Example, they will complain about Hispanics while sitting at a Tex Mex restaurant eating Enchiladas and Tacos.

A big part of the problem is lack of real education. The education when I was in public schools almost 50 years ago glossed over most of the contributions of the immigrants and how the white Americans were an uplifting force helping all these immigrants. It has become worse over the years. Even to the point Hispanic studies were banned in Arizona.Texas almost adopted a social studies book that said slaves were brought to the US as Guest Workers.

We desperately need more real education to combat these idiots spewing out their hatred. I learned more history in college than I ever did in public schools. But now even in colleges the degree pans are not requiring History or Government classes unless you have that is a major. The excuse is it is not needed in most fields of study. But that's another Rant.

Rant off
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: AZ GOP Lawmaker complains immigration a threat not enough white kids

I have always found the idea of "White America" both amusing and sad after watching the movie, "The Gangs of New York."

As an Asian immigrant to The States when I was quite young the idea that white folks owned this country had a somewhat visceral feel to it. That feeling was utterly and permanently dispelled by watching white people fight other white people over immigration conflicts in this movie. What I understand now is the primal fear/anger that Nativists feel for having their land taken away by newer Immigrants. This fear may be somewhat universal and sad since Nativists purposely blind themselves to the benefits of an infusion of New Blood into their communities. Ignorance is always sad first and foremost.

Below is a link to a talk I listened to yesterday here in Los Angles: "Are the U.S. and Mexcio Becoming One Country?"
http://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2018/ ... -takeaway/

It is well worth listening to in order to grock that the U.S., Canada, and Mexico are already economically and culturally intertwined. Drumpfs tariffs will serve to undermine American factory workers more than it can possibly help protect American Industries.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

To this day, elitist believe that "commoners" and the "aristocracy" shouldn't mix as they will "contaminate" the bloodlines.
Racists think the same way, but Science, Genetics and DNA tell us the opposite story. The farther away the parents are in the gene pool the stronger and healthier their children will be. When re-populating species, the biologists and zoologists deliberately prevent individuals that are too close, genetically, from reproducing, going for the farther apart members. "Hybrid Vigor" has long been noted among all species of flora and fauna when the parent gene pools of the species are very far apart.

Dog breeders, seeking to breed to a standard, have long violated this principle, introducing into various breeds excessive cases of hip dysplasia, epilepsy, liver and thyroid issues, trigone cancers (Scotties are prone to that), breathing, digestive, and skin issues (Bulldogs get all three), and, of course, behavioral issues that can only be controlled through rigorous, expert training, if at all.

Among humans, the Royal Families of Europe developed Hemophilia (Russia's Tsarevich was the most famous case), the Hapsburg Lip, and even a tiny tail. The distinctive facial shape of much of the Windsors including the Queen, most of her children, her sister, her father, and her uncle shows again, the inbreeding. Also the clear lack of intelligence and judgement in various members of that family demonstrate that they are in no way genetically "superior" to other people.

The myth that we have too many immigrants has persisted since early in the 19th century. The myth that our nation cannot support larger, much less FAR larger populations is a giant lie. Look at China--with nearly 5 times our population in virtually the same land area. In less than 50 years, that nation has moved from a 3rd world nation to being the 2nd largest economy in the world, 2nd only to us, and the world's manufacturer of...everything. I'm not discounting their distribution, pollution, or social welfare problems, but it's clear that their 1.5 billion people is NOT a burden but a resource.

So what's the problem? A mis-perception of melanin and a misunderstanding of what American Culture is, and how diverse it actually is. The racists either grew up in stagnant (!) homogeneous / strictly striated communities, or saw others with more determination and will to succeed shoot past them.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 am The myth that we have too many immigrants has persisted since early in the 19th century. The myth that our nation cannot support larger, much less FAR larger populations is a giant lie. Look at China--with nearly 5 times our population in virtually the same land area. In less than 50 years, that nation has moved from a 3rd world nation to being the 2nd largest economy in the world, 2nd only to us, and the world's manufacturer of...everything. I'm not discounting their distribution, pollution, or social welfare problems, but it's clear that their 1.5 billion people is NOT a burden but a resource.
On this point I disagree with you strongly. I say the US is already very overpopulated by humans and we should be doing things to prevent further population growth. But I suspect I place a much higher value on wilderness than you do. Remember: humans are not the only ones who live here. We have to be respectful of the needs of non-humans as well.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:07 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 am The myth that we have too many immigrants has persisted since early in the 19th century. The myth that our nation cannot support larger, much less FAR larger populations is a giant lie. Look at China--with nearly 5 times our population in virtually the same land area. In less than 50 years, that nation has moved from a 3rd world nation to being the 2nd largest economy in the world, 2nd only to us, and the world's manufacturer of...everything. I'm not discounting their distribution, pollution, or social welfare problems, but it's clear that their 1.5 billion people is NOT a burden but a resource.
On this point I disagree with you strongly. I say the US is already very overpopulated by humans and we should be doing things to prevent further population growth. But I suspect I place a much higher value on wilderness than you do. Remember: humans are not the only ones who live here. We have to be respectful of the needs of non-humans as well.
Eris, your point is tangential. It's not wrong, but it's not relevant to MY argument that our economy is more than capable of absorbing literally millions of immigrants easily, disputing the reactionary racists' claims that they are stealing jobs, that they commit crimes, straining our resources, that they go on welfare, etc., etc., etc.

You're talking the environment and the ecology, versus the economy. Again, you're not wrong, but it's a different argument and a different reasoning. If we got rid of Scott Pruit and his like and ilk at EPA, we could probably absorb 10-20 million immigrants with LESS environmental damage than he's causing!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 am
Eris wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:07 am
Eris, your point is tangential. It's not wrong, but it's not relevant to MY argument that our economy is more than capable of absorbing literally millions of immigrants easily, disputing the reactionary racists' claims that they are stealing jobs, that they commit crimes, straining our resources, that they go on welfare, etc., etc., etc.

You're talking the environment and the ecology, versus the economy. Again, you're not wrong, but it's a different argument and a different reasoning. If we got rid of Scott Pruit and his like and ilk at EPA, we could probably absorb 10-20 million immigrants with LESS environmental damage than he's causing!
OK. I see your point.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

We've deported thousands upon thousands of supposed "gang members" and their gang culture to the 3 nations of Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua. Together, they have 29 million people. California, alone, has 39 million! How were they EVER possibly supposed to be able to absorb what we, a nation 11 times bigger, claims it "couldn't" absorb?

They, in turn, terrorized the citizenry of those nations, and many have fled HERE away from that violence, only to have their kids torn away from them.