Mueller grand Jury Indicted 12 Russian GRU Officers for Dem Hacking

Well it is a start.
WASHINGTON ― A grand jury convened by special counsel Robert Mueller indicted 12 Russian intelligence officials in connection with the hack of a DNC server during the 2016 election.

All 12 of the defendants were connected to GRU, a Russian Federation intelligence agency within the Russian military.

Defendants registered the domain “DCLeaks.com” and falsely claimed to be “American hacktivists.” They used Facebook and Twitter to promote the website.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversees the Mueller probe, said he briefed President Donald Trump, who is set to meet with Vladimir Putin, about the indictment earlier this week. Trump has regularly undermined the Mueller investigation and dismissed Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“When we confront foreign interference in American elections, it is important for us to avoid thinking politically as Republicans or Democrats and instead to think patriotically as Americans. Our response must not depend on who was victimized,” Rosenstein said at a press conference on Friday.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ru ... 69a786c871

Well who asked for them to hack Hillary's Email? None other than Turnip himself.
In the morning of July 27, 2016, Donald Trump encouraged Russian hackers to find emails that had been deleted from Hillary Clinton’s private server that she used while serving as secretary of state.

“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said at a press conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Russia appeared to be listening and heeded Trump’s call, according to a bombshell revelation on Friday. A grand jury convened by special counsel Robert Mueller indicted 12 Russian intelligence officials for their involvement in hacking the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 election.

The indictment states that on July 27 ― the same day as Trump’s press conference ― Russian hackers, “for the first time,” attempted to break into email accounts, including those used by Clinton’s personal office. Notably, the indictment specifies that the hack happened in the evening, meaning the Russian officials could have done it after Trump’s press conference.

Around the same time, they also tried hacking the Clinton campaign ― although the hacking of the campaign began earlier, before Trump’s call.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... c958faf810

Pootin was just doing his minion a favor.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Mueller grand Jury Indicted 12 Russian GRU Officers for Dem Hacking

:wtf: Holy Jebus...
Things are getting real, real fast. Turnip is about to throw another twitter tantrum, while overseas under the gaze of foreign leaders no less. -This may get ugly.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

JaxTeller wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm Welp, house Rethuglicans are moving to impeach Rosentein. Shit is going to kick off soon.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
The blood letting begins.
A group of House conservatives is preparing to file impeachment charges against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein over his lack of cooperation with their efforts to investigate political bias in the FBI.

House Freedom Caucus chairman Mark Meadows had the impeachment document with him when he spoke to reporters on Capitol Hill and plans to file the charges as soon as Monday, Politico reported Friday afternoon.

Meadows, Freedom Caucus founder Jim Jordan (R., Ohio), and their conservative colleagues have attacked Rosenstein for months, accusing him of refusing to turn over documents purportedly related to allegations of bias within the FBI. Rosenstein, who began overseeing Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation after Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself, has vigorously defended himself in congressional hearings, assuring lawmakers that he has devoted extensive resources to processing their document requests.

It’s not clear that House speaker Paul Ryan and his leadership team will support Meadows’s efforts, as they’ve thus far been reluctant to join in directly criticizing Rosenstein — a trend that will likely continue given the indictment Rosenstein handed down on Friday. Ryan did however support a measure last month condemning Rosenstein for being unresponsive to Congress’s requests and demanding the release of thousands of FBI documents by July 6.

Democrats, meanwhile, have cast the GOP-led probe into bias within the FBI as a cynical attempt to distract from Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election and potential collusion with the Trump campaign.

Discord between the two parties over the issue of FBI bias was on full display during FBI agent Peter Strzok’s public hearing on Capitol Hill Thursday. Strzok, who was dismissed from Mueller’s team after his anti-Trump text messages were revealed, strenuously denied that his political views biased his professional conduct.

While announcing the indictment of twelve Russian intelligence officials Friday, Rosenstein cautioned the public against placing too much stock in the conclusions drawn about Mueller’s ongoing investigation by the press and lawmakers.

“We do not try cases on television or in congressional hearings. Most anonymous leaks are not from the government officials who are actually conducting these investigations,” he said. “We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures, and we reserve judgment. We complete our investigations, and we evaluate all of the relevant evidence before we reach any conclusion. That is how the American people expect their Department of Justice to operate, and that is how our department is going to operate.”
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fre ... osenstein/
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics ... index.html
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said the indictment does not name any American citizen, but told reporters that defendants "corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet."
"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime," Rosenstein said at a news conference. "There is no allegation that the conspiracy altered the vote count or changed any election result."
Deputy White House press secretary Lindsay Walters referenced Rosenstein's comments and said there is no evidence tying the Trump campaign to hacking attempts.
"Today's charges include no allegations of knowing involvement by anyone on the campaign and no allegations that the alleged hacking affected the election result," Walters said in a statement. "This is consistent with what we have been saying all along."
I maybe missing something, but this reads like "No Collusion."
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

How far the Republican Party has fallen when right wing members of their party are in effect attacking US prosecutors and defending Russian spies. Strzok and Page's use of FBI e-mail system for partisan e-mails was stupid and should be an example to all federal employees that your e-mails are not private. Get a burner phone if you want to e-mail or text and don't want your spouse to see it. Strzok's appearance before the House Committee was a Republican attack circus, ugly.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

GeorgiaRN wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics ... index.html
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said the indictment does not name any American citizen, but told reporters that defendants "corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet."
"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime," Rosenstein said at a news conference. "There is no allegation that the conspiracy altered the vote count or changed any election result."
Deputy White House press secretary Lindsay Walters referenced Rosenstein's comments and said there is no evidence tying the Trump campaign to hacking attempts.
"Today's charges include no allegations of knowing involvement by anyone on the campaign and no allegations that the alleged hacking affected the election result," Walters said in a statement. "This is consistent with what we have been saying all along."
One step at a time. One indcitment at a time. "No allegation in this indictment". More indictments are coming. The timing of the hacking. Trump's meeting and statements all play into this. Yes, I am an optimist..

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Other people feel the same way more indictments and Americans will be named
Ex-CIA director Michael Hayden made a bold prediction on CNN Friday afternoon, telling host Jake Tapper that he suspects the next round of indictments by Robert Mueller will include Americans.

The retired four-star general who led the NSA and the CIA said that he does not expect Trump to back out of his summit with Vladimir Putin, but that Trump should confront him.

“This is your chance, Mr. President,” he said. “We have solid, forensic, detailed evidence that the president can make use of.”

Hayden said that he had long suspected that Mueller’s investigation would end in an inconclusive cloud but “the more this goes on, the more I believe we are going to see a widening circle here.”

Tapper pushed him to make a prediction.

“In other words, there will be another indictment and Americans involved?” Tapper asked.

“I would not be surprised if this not in the the last indictment we see that doesn’t mention an American,” Hayden said.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/ex-cia ... americans/

The "American" is clearly Roger Stone. He's told almost as many versions of his "story" (ie lies) that it's truly Trumpian. I won't be surprised if the next indictment is of Stone.
And Trump will say "Roger had nothing to do with the campaign. I haven't talked to Roger since 2014, but he's a good man, caught up in this Which Hunt!"

Stone is a scum-bag just like Trump, Manafort, and all the rest of his mob.

Every other President, with these latest 12 indictments, would have INSTANTLY cancelled the meeting with Putin, even dumb-ass GWB "I looked in his eye.." would have done so. And every Republican and 99% of the Democrats in both houses would have piled on ANY other President who not only didn't cancel the meeting, but ATTACKED the indictments, which the shit-stain did.

I gotta give credit to Queen Elizabeth. She didn't grab a handkerchief to wipe her hands after shaking hands with Trump, acted as if he was a semi-normal human being, while he violated virtually every protocol. I'll bet she was thinking "I'm 92 years old and I have to spend some of the limited time I have left with THIS putz??? Sometimes this job of being Monarch has its real drawbacks, and this is one of them." Ok, I get not bowing and curtsying, though eventually I expect Trump will demand people bow and curtsy to him. But the rest? Even then he can't even PRETEND to act like a mensch.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

GeorgiaRN wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 pm https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics ... index.html
Even if there is no collusion, it looks terrible. As YT pointed out above, rather than side with America, Trump is attacking the indictments. One would think a president would want to know if a foreign power was interfering in our democracy, but this one seems Hell-bent on hindering the investigation and attacking the agencies carrying it out. Twelve Russian intelligence officials indicted, and he's still calling it a witch hunt. Again, even if there was no collusion, one is forced to wonder about the man's loyalties.

BTW, the investigation has always been about discovering if there was Russian (or any) interference in our election. Determining if there was collusion is just one aspect of that.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

The new indictment of Russian military officials who hacked Democrats during the 2016 presidential elections has Florida written all over it. Two Florida Republicans and possibly a third — Rep. Brian Mast — play starring roles in the indictment, although none is named.

Unlike President Donald Trump‘s former political adviser Roger Stone and political operative Aaron Nevins, Mast’s identity is the least certain of any of the Florida Republicans hinted at in the indictment. The indictment released Friday details how a dozen Russian military officers used an online persona called “Guccifer 2.0” to disseminate information they stole from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the Democratic National Committee, which was led at the time by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.).

Almost as soon as the indictment was released Friday, Florida Republicans, Democrats and even allies of Mast speculated that the congressman’s campaign was likely implicated — in great part because a former campaign consultant for Mast admitted last year to The Wall Street Journal and then to POLITICO that he used some of the hacked information in 2016. Mast, through a spokesman, denied a link. Regardless of Mast’s potential involvement, the indictment shines a new light on the depths of Russia’s election meddling as well as the weaponization of information in U.S. political campaigns. “Even prostitutes are embarrassed by how dirty political consultants are. It’s become a business that’s 100 percent zero-sum. It’s all about the results,” said Jacob Perry, a former consultant for Mast who worked on local issues in Florida’s 18th Congressional District, which sits on the northern edge of Southeast Florida.

“If this is true, I think Brian is absolutely a victim of trusting the wrong people,” Perry said. “If this happened, it happened without his knowledge or approval. He is one of the most ethical people you will ever meet. He has zero tolerance for unethical behavior.” The indictment is vague concerning the unnamed congressional campaign, saying only: “On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for U.S. Congress. The Conspirators responded using the Guccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate's opponent.”

At that point in the 2016 election cycle, first-time candidate Mast was embroiled in a six-way GOP primary, which he won Aug. 30 with 38 percent of the vote. He then defeated Democrat Randy Perkins in the general election. Perry points out the campaign didn’t use some of the more vicious information it had against Perkins, and he said he was unaware of any hacking inquiries made by the campaign. He said he started after the primary and didn’t have contact with Mast’s former political consultant, Anthony Bustamante, who last year told reporters that he used hacked information from Guccifer 2.0.

Bustamante didn’t mention Perkins or opposition research when he spoke to reporters. Instead, he indicated he used data that helped him figure out strategies for sending mail and running TV spots. “There was data for our campaign available, so I used it,” Bustamante told POLITICO last year after The Wall Street Journal first reported his involvement. He told the Journal that “I did adjust some voting targets based on some data I saw from the leaks.” Then, as now, Mast’s spokesman, Brad Stewart, disputed Bustamante’s account. Stewart said Bustamante ceased being the general consultant for Mast on June 30, but he acknowledged Bustamante was paid in September for robocalls.

“There’s no actual information whatsoever linked to us,” said Stewart, blaming Democrats for spreading the story for political advantage in the district, one of Florida’s few congressional swing seats. “A: It’s speculation it was Anthony; I have no idea if that’s the case,” Stewart said. “And B: if it was him, it was 100 percent not related to our campaign at all.” Bustamante couldn’t be reached Friday. But the consultant who succeeded Bustamante, Jose Mallea, and political blogger Javier Manjarres, a current congressional candidate who recruited Mast to run and advised the campaign in 2016, both told POLITICO that Bustamante continued to provide input to Mast campaign manager Rocco LeDonni throughout August — despite denials from the campaign.

“I know for a fact that he [LeDonni] was talking to Anthony,” Manjarres said. “I saw texts. It was strictly campaign-related, grass roots and strategy. I don’t know why they would deny this.” When called by POLITICO on Friday, LeDonni didn’t dispute the story about Bustamante’s help and said he would call back after checking with Mast’s congressional office. LeDonni didn’t call back.

In the fallout from the campaign, Bustamante felt Mallea ousted him from the Mast campaign and last year worked against Mallea to scuttle his candidacy for a state House seat in Miami. Manjarres, Mallea and Bustamante, in a previous interview, all said no one at the time knew the information provided by Guccifer 2.0 was from a Russian military operation. And they said that just as reporters under the First Amendment lawfully used the hacked information, so could campaign consultants.

Nevins, another Republican consultant and blogger, separately became involved with Guccifer 2.0 when he saw news reports of its information and an invitation for reporters to get the hacked information. Under his @HelloFLAnews account, he direct-messaged Guccifer 2.0 on Twitter and on Aug. 22 received “approximately 2.5 gigabytes of data stolen from the DCCC,” according to the indictment. “The stolen data included donor records and personal identifying information for more than 2,000 Democratic donors.” “Basically if this was a war, this is the map to where all the troops are deployed,” Nevins wrote Guccifer 2.0. “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”

Nevins told POLITICO on Friday that the sheer size of the information was daunting. “I was like, holy s---, this is a lot of information, and I tried to farm it out to reporters. So District 18 [the Mast race], I sent information to TC Palm.” TC Palm is a local newspaper in the district that covers Florida’s Treasure Coast. He also reached out to POLITICO, which wrote a story concerning the internal vetting of Democratic candidates by the DCCC. Nevins said he “freely spoke” last year to federal investigators about his contacts with Guccifer 2.0 and said he is neither a suspect nor a target in the investigation. Nevins said he did not communicate with Bustamante or anyone on the Mast campaign. And though Nevins is from the Fort Lauderdale area, home of longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone, he said the two men didn’t coordinate in talking to Guccifer 2.0.

Stone, who is under investigation in the wide-ranging probe, has denied wrongdoing but hinted he may be indicted for what he characterizes as overblown charges from an out-of-control prosecutor. In addition to communicating with Guccifer 2.0, Stone was also in communication with WikiLeaks, which is identified in the indictment as “Organization 1.” According to the indictment, the conspirators posing as Guccifer 2.0 were in repeated contact with him about the hacked data and asked him on Sept. 9, 2016, “What do u think of the info on the turnout model for the democrats entire presidential campaign[sic]." "Pretty standard," Stone replied. Stone said Friday the indictment shows no lawbreaking by him.

“As I testified before the house intelligence committee under oath my 24 word exchange with someone on Twitter claiming to be Guccifer 2.0 is benign based on its content context and timing,” Stone said in a written statement. “This exchange is entirely public and provides no evidence of collaboration or collusion with Guccifer 2.0 or anyone else in the alleged hacking of the DNC emails, as well as taking place many weeks after the events described in today’s indictment.”
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... ent-510037
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The indictment states that a congressman asked for some of the documents, was provided with them, and used them against his Dem opponent in 2016. Sounds like "conspiracy" or, at least, receiving stolen property to me.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... ent-510037

Two Florida Republicans and possibly a third — Rep. Brian Mast — play starring roles in the indictment, although none is named.

A U.S. congressional candidate contacted Russian operatives in 2016 and successfully obtained damaging stolen information on their opponent.

The indictment of 12 Russian intelligence operatives filed Friday by special counsel Robert Mueller stated that "a candidate for the U.S. Congress" who was not named in the filing contacted Russian operatives posing as the hacker "Guccifer 2.0" and requested information stolen from the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) email server.

"The conspirators responded using the Guccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate's opponent," the filing reads.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... atives-for

The indictment of 12 Russian intelligence operatives filed Friday by special counsel Robert Mueller stated that "a candidate for the U.S. Congress" who was not named in the filing contacted Russian operatives posing as the hacker "Guccifer 2.0" and requested information stolen from the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) email server.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

From The National Review (David French).
1. This indictment demonstrates why it’s important that Mueller be permitted to finish his work. Our nation needs to know what happened in 2016, and Mueller — through both the social-media indictment and the hacking indictment — has provided a clearer picture of the precise details of alleged Russian election meddling than any other source. This is a valuable public service, and to the extent that he can hold the actual conspirators accountable, it’s also an act of necessary justice.

2. It’s now becoming increasingly clear why intelligence agencies believe that Russians were trying to help Trump and hurt Clinton — the scale of the attack on the Clinton campaign, the DCCC, and the DNC was troubling. And while there are past reports that the Russians attempted to hack Republicans, this indictment outlines a comprehensive and sustained effort against the Democrats and is silent about a similar conspiracy aimed at Republicans.
snp
3. The indictment practically screams, “More information is coming!” — including additional information about Russian communication with American citizens. For example, paragraph 43a of the indictment contains the first evidence of possible Russian collusion with an American candid
snp
4. This indictment makes it even more troubling that Trump mocks, denigrates, and undermines the Mueller investigation as a “witch hunt.” We now know that there was real wrongdoing; we just don’t yet know its extent.
snp
Republicans were rightly outraged when Barack Obama opined about the pending Clinton-email investigation, and we have since learned that his gratuitous and public exoneration of the then–likely Democratic nominee created a headache for the FBI. Now it’s time for Republicans to be consistent. As Mueller reveals more facts about Russian interference and indicts more individuals for troubling crimes uncovered as part of his entirely legitimate investigation, it’s time for the GOP to tell the president that the hunt needs to continue, because the witches are very real.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/ ... very-real/

They know.

Paradise waits on the crest of a wave with angels and flames. (Grateful Dead)

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Wurble wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:29 am I read an article that indicates that there is a possibility Trump has been a Russian intelligence asset since 1987.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... usion.html

It would not surprise me at all.
I love this.
The unfolding of the Russia scandal has been like walking into a dark cavern. Every step reveals that the cave runs deeper than we thought, and after each one, as we wonder how far it goes, our imaginations are circumscribed by the steps we have already taken. The cavern might go just a little farther, we presume, but probably not much farther.

After hearing Trump & Putin speak together today, I have made up my own mind about what is going on. The Reps are still defending Trump & Putin after hearing the slimeball attacks on Dems, et al. I am now convinced that we need a blue wave to save the country.

High crimes & misdemeanors, anyone?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt