*puts pinky to mouth* one BILLION dollars!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... /884400002
The online fundraising platform ActBlue this week surged past the $1 billion mark in contributions to Democratic candidates and causes in this election cycle.

The fundraising milestone, shared first with USA TODAY, offers a sign that the liberal activism fueled by President Donald Trump’s election isn’t slowing down.

The group predicts donations will top $1.5 billion by year’s end, double the amount the fundraising clearinghouse processed in the 2016 election cycle. By comparison, it took ActBlue nearly 12 years – from its founding in June 2004 until March 2016 – to raise its first $1 billion.

The average donation this cycle: $34.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Re: *puts pinky to mouth* one BILLION dollars!

Now, if only they'll spend it wisely, on effective ways to get candidates who can win, and ensure they DO win!
That means voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, transportation and childcare, and fighting states like NC and Ala and Florida and Wisconsin that DELIBERATELY are creating targeted "Voter ID" laws.
They need to remember that it's not enough to control Washington, you have to take back state houses to undo gerrymandering and voter suppression laws.
And stop driving the left wing of the base away chasing the phantom "Dissatisfied centrist Republicans" who no longer exist in meaningful numbers.

Otherwise, it will, yet again, be more money pissed into the wind in losing causes.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

ActBlue raises money directly for candidates. Down here, they seem to just be using their money for voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives. That is about all they can afford, and is really all they need to do to win. Voter suppression has worked for decades, but it could never work forever. At some point, the people are going to rise up and vote.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm ActBlue raises money directly for candidates. Down here, they seem to just be using their money for voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives. That is about all they can afford, and is really all they need to do to win. Voter suppression has worked for decades, but it could never work forever. At some point, the people are going to rise up and vote.
My daughter who lives in Wisc found out to her horror and just by accident that she had been removed from the registered voter roll, she had to reregister.

I can only comment on these kinds of super fund type donations from my own experience. I donated 100 bucks here in Mn to the DFL thinking it would help many different candidates through out the state in 2016. When I discovered that only one single dollar went to that cause and the rest was laundered into hilclins campaign I decided to never do that again. I now pick and choose who I donate to.

eelj wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:41 pm I can only comment on these kinds of super fund type donations from my own experience. I donated 100 bucks here in Mn to the DFL thinking it would help many different candidates through out the state in 2016. When I discovered that only one single dollar went to that cause and the rest was laundered into hilclins campaign I decided to never do that again. I now pick and choose who I donate to.
ActBlue is just like PayPal for different (non-Reptile) candidates. You give to who you want. It isn't one general fund.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt