Smith and Wesson model 41

I've been looking for a nice small bore target pistol to compete with my wife's High Standard Victor. One model of particular interest has been the S&W model 41 and I finally found one for a decent price.

It arrived at my FFL's today and I grabbed a few pictures before it went into the safe for the obligatory 10 "cooling-off" period.

Last edited by Mustang on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Smith and Wesson model 41

I shot Huck's S&W 41 at a gathering and was stunned by the trigger. Lighter than anything I've ever shot yet very precise and consistent break. An amazing target gun.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I have a S&W Model 41. I shoot it more than my other guns combined (500 rounds week training + 90 more a month in monthly 2700 Bullseye matches.) I rarely ever have a problem with it.
If you find the 7” barrel too heavy at the muzzle end then try a 5” bull barrel available from the factory or an improved one from Clark Custom. The Model 41 is still widely considered the best .22 target pistol America ever produced. Only shoot standard velocity loads, hv loads will ruin it.
They tend to be finicky about what ammo they like, even more so than other .22s. Mine likes CCI or Norma Match but hates Federal Gold Match.
You’d have to go get a fancy high priced European “fee fee” gun from Feinwekbau, etc, to do better. Congrats on the find!
Last edited by HuckleberryFun on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mustang wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:33 am Range report and more pics when you have chance! :beer:
Will do!
According to my calendar, you've been sufficiently cool for three weeks. When do we get to start the "drooling off" period over your report? :disco:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.